Tanks and a 20mm

Steve T

Curious day at the carboot with very few military items. Then stumbled on some pewter tanks, obviously part of a set, but at 50p each couldn't pass them up. Then found the 20mm Solothurn 39 dated for £1. :) Not huge finds, but it all adds up :)

DSC_1918.JPG

DSC_1919.JPG

DSC_1920.JPG

DSC_1921.JPG

DSC_1925.JPG

DSC_1927.JPG

• Upvote 2

Excellent stuff...like the 20mm shell...what would have fired that @Steve T.??

.I sold all my wee plastic tanks online....( the ones that came from the magazines) got pennies for them, regret selling them now..:(

BTW, going to put a casing up on the ID thread...would you give me the benefit of yer experience on it..? Dont want to hi jack others threads...:)

@Norrie, the round would've been fired by the German 20mm Anti-Tank rifle, the Solothurn S-18/100, Am I right in saying that @Steve T?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-189-1250-10,_Russland-Süd,_Soldat_mit_Panzerbüchse.jpg

Edited by HetzersGonnaHetz
  • Upvote 2

Nope Mr Hetzers, you would be incorrect. The rifle you show fired the 20x105 belted round, and this is a 20x138B round, which was, as can be seen by the case length, much bigger. This 20x138B cartridge was used in the Flak 30 or Flak 38 (same thing but a quad mount), weapons, the most used light AA gun used by the Germans.

• Upvote 2

No chance David! That casing he got for a quid, I had picked up probably minutes before he bought it! Never realised what it was.

11 minutes ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

...............I had picked up probably minutes before he bought it! Never realised what it was.

PILLOCK !!!!!!

• Upvote 2