interesting pop up box this morning on log in

pylon1357

I had a pop up this morning when I logged in saying there was an important message that ADMIN wanted me to read. I clicked on it, and got a message that they couldn't find the message?

I hope it was not something IMPORTANT. as the title of the message stated. If it was, anyone care to enlighten me. 

No Norrie,it's not sorted at all because I've sent the belt (proof on file and I'm ready to post that!) and the money sent has been claimed back by the buyer the very same day!
He told Lenny that he claimed it back two weeks later while in fact YOU CANNOT CLAIM NOTHING BACK...it's up to ME to refuse/reimburse the money or up to PP to "seize" the money if  the buyer should open a case but had he done that the folks at PP would have let me know!I have contacted PP and they told me that they'd have started an investigation as to what had happened!
Today I got an email from the buyer telling me that he had opened a case because he hadn't received the belt but since he didn't pay or,better still,he claimed back the money somehow no case can be opened on his part!Confusing?Don't tell me!
I don't know what has happened but I hope that if he REALLY hasn't received the belt he'll get it soon and pay what's due!
On the other hand had he paid and not received the belt I'd have returned the money fasterhanthis....I'd rather loose £135 than my face...I think it's definitely worth more than that!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

Geezus @Manu Della Valle...I might be out of order here, BUT, I'm thinking he's at it...I know he cannot claim it back, only PP can re imburse the buyer...unless you agree to do it...there is def a smell to this one mate...a dreadful state of affairs....there are lots of scammers here on the internet...and this guy seems to be one of them....TBH Manu, I'd be telling the world about him....have you contacted the cops?? he might well be known to them...I've had dealings with scammers before on Angling Forums, contacted the cops in Peterborough,( where the scammer lived)  and got put through to a Det Sgt, who knew of him in fact that git even scammed his own dad .... took the details and added them to the list... ..the scammer was sine die in all the fishing forums after that, he soon started on Ebay...and they were told too, all his various accounts were closed.....:)

Hopefully Manu, it will be rectified....but, TBH, I wouldnt hold my breath....these twats scour the internet looking for folks to scam...:(

Edited by Norrie

Hi @Norrie,
thank you so very much for your support and your words mate,MUCH appreciated!
Here you go my latest email exchange with this guy...if I infringe the rules by posting that I'll delete the post!

Hi XXXXX,
I know by checking on the Italian Post Service site that you've received the belt,yet I'm puzzled as to why and HOW you've been able to send a payment and cancel it the very next day...and so is the PayPal staff,in fact they're currently investigating as to how that could have happened!
Could you please send the money or return the belt?
Cheers
Manu

His Reply;

hi Manu 
I'm away from home in London with my son who has just had major surgery at the moment
I have asked my wife if there had been a package from Italy and she said no,all I have is a couple of items from eBay 
I thought as I hadn't heard from you or received anything you had not sent it so I filed a claim with paypal 
when does it say the package was delivered and do you have a copy of the delivery note please
regards XXXXX 

Sent via carrier pidgeon

CARRIER PIDGEON??????

• Upvote 1

My second and last email:
Hi XXXXX,
yes,I DO have the delivery note,and the belt has been shipped thru International,tracked Priority Mail!
I've spent the best part of the last couple of hours on the phone with PP's Customer Care and they're trying to find out HOW you've managed to cancel the payment when that's 101% impossible!
You cannot fill a claim with them if NO PAYMENT has been made!I mean,you have sent the money and claimed it back the next or the very same day,hence no payment on your behalf,and THAT'S what they're investigating on!
Lenny has told me that you've claimed the money back 3 weeks ago while in fact the paymant has been claimed back on June 13th!
In case you hadn't received the belt you'd have got the money back but on June 25th,i.e. when you gave me the "go ahead" you knew all along that you had cancelled the payment or got the money back whatever the reason and I trusted both you and PP and sent the belt without checking out my PP account!
I'll send you the picture of the receipt in a few hours!
Regards
Manu

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, seems like this guy cant keep up on his tales...SENT from Italy???? 

"I have asked my wife if there had been a package from Italy"

My gran used to say, a liar needs a good memory.... 

52 minutes ago, Norrie said:

Hmmm, seems like this guy cant keep up on his tales...SENT from Italy???? 

"I have asked my wife if there had been a package from Italy"

My gran used to say, a liar needs a good memory.... 

Norri,
I'm a Canadian Citizen but now I live in Italy....in this case at least this "slyboots" hasn't lied!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Norri,
I'm a Canadian Citizen but now I live in Italy....in this case at least this "slyboots" hasn't lied!

Ahhh...and it was sent to England..now i see...:)

• Upvote 1