Vietnam field gear

Beastly

I  know it's not that old but I thought I would share anyway. The suspenders are 1968, both ammo pouches are 1962,the butt pack is a M-1961. The first canteen is 1966 and made of canvas before they started making them out of nylon in 1967. The second canteen is 1968 and in that year only they made them with plastic snaps. The third canteen is 1973 and is the last style, notice it has both vertical and horizontal stitching on the front. Later style ones will have just horizontal stitching until the canteen was replaced by the hydration system. The flash light is early war before they started making plastic ears beside the off/on switch. The helmet in the back ground is a 1967 M-1.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Some nice period gear there mate.I used to see literally tons of this stuff around, but it seems to be a lot scarcer these days.

A fantastic collection of items...love them all.......well done on gathering them... I've just spent 3-4 hours on Ebay.Com looking at stuff the same...:) 

I had one of those torches too till recently, still got a couple...also had a WW2 US Army one, the plastic went all white....still worked as well, and sold it to a young re encator....I cut him such a good deal, he's now a friend ...:) I still have and use the type with the ears....its kept in the meter cupboard...just in case...:)

I'm off on holiday to the US in October, and going shopping for an original M1 and a couple of fighting knives...forget Disney and Epcot....Surplus stores and Ex Vet Thrift shops for me..:)

105_0030.JPG

Edited by Norrie

A WW2 light is on my list. I hear you about the surplus store that would be at the top of my list too. I hope you have a good trip! ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beastly said:

A WW2 light is on my list. I hear you about the surplus store that would be at the top of my list too. I hope you have a good trip! ?

Hi @BeastlyI did'nt really know what era it was till I saw similar at the MCN FB page.... the buyer was really happy with it...

Yep, me too re the trip...just cannot wait to get over there..the shops in San Diego and LA are getting hit big time.....I've been over many times, but on those occasions, i was'nt a helmet collector...so, just passed all those M1's by.......big regrets now..:( 

ww2 torch.jpg

Awesome group there, Vietnam stuff is becoming really really ciollectible now, your items are very interesting. ?

7 hours ago, Norrie said:

Hi @BeastlyI did'nt really know what era it was till I saw similar at the MCN FB page.... the buyer was really happy with it...

Yep, me too re the trip...just cannot wait to get over there..the shops in San Diego and LA are getting hit big time.....I've been over many times, but on those occasions, i was'nt a helmet collector...so, just passed all those M1's by.......big regrets now..:( 

ww2 torch.jpg

Very Nice! I have a WW1 trench light and the Vietnam one I have to get a WW2. That one looks in good condition does it still work? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Awesome group there, Vietnam stuff is becoming really really ciollectible now, your items are very interesting. ?

Thanks! I figured buy it now and hang on to it, 10 or 20 years from now who knows. 

50 minutes ago, Beastly said:

Very Nice! I have a WW1 trench light and the Vietnam one I have to get a WW2. That one looks in good condition does it still work? 

Yep, worked a treat and gets worn every weekend when the new owner is doing re enactments as a WW2 US Para...:)