Liner for Mk111 Helmet.

Norrie

Hiya, I'm hoping I'm going to become the new owner of a Mk111 ( Turtle) helmet, only the shell tho....the one with the nut and bolt, and not the lift the dot liner.....dated 194?...now, I'd like to get a liner for it...any idea what liner I should go hunting for?? 

Thanks guys.

Hi Norrie,

These helmets were fitted with the standard MKii liner.

The liner image was found on google and I take no credit for it.

D

images.jpg

• Upvote 1

These Mk 11 liners are not rare to get, I,ve seen dozens of them at Arms fairs, There was a stall at WAP that had some as well, I think they were going for £20 each

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Davejb, and @DAK D...I had no idea they just used Mk11 liners...nice one,. I have a spare here....

Thanks again guys..:)

I def need to get to an arms fair or two, instead of game fairs...:)

Just been reading up on the Mk3 helmets, seemingly, they were issued to troops without a liner fitted, they were told to take the liner out of their Mk2 helmets and re use them...:) Maybe that's why, most Mk3's I'm seeing for sale, have no liner fitted...:)

Edited by Norrie
More info.

• Major General
On 7 August 2016 at 13:52, Norrie said:

Just been reading up on the Mk3 helmets, seemingly, they were issued to troops without a liner fitted, they were told to take the liner out of their Mk2 helmets and re use them...:) Maybe that's why, most Mk3's I'm seeing for sale, have no liner fitted...:)

..what did you think they used Norrie...balaclavas? :DArmy blankets? O.o Lol!!

and that's quite true...why waste more resources when you can just make do and mend! Also why you see MK.III's with all 3 types of screw bolts holding the liners in.....whoops! more reading now required?! xD

• Upvote 1

Yep, yer right @Bil4338...I did think they were issued with new liners in them...but, wartime an all that.... Great stuff and very interesting too... Loving it...:)

What I am seeing on fleabay is tho, if they are advertised as a Mk3, they go for crazy money, up to and over £50...shell only...but,  if advertised as just a plain old Turtle...mibbes £20 at most....one I was watching went for £8.50...!!! I was at work, and hadnt bid on it.....:(

My new helmet will be here this morning, I'm meant to be out with the wife to buy a new telly...I'm NOT moving till the Mk11 is here and safe...:) 

Edited by Norrie

• Major General

Yep, the prices can fluctuate alright.I got a MK.III a couple years back on fleabay for........a fiver! complete as well!

no-one else bid on it, think it was a 3day auction, bad photo etc...just got lucky.

• Upvote 2