1:48 B25 and B17

Steve T

I've been building and painting again :) This time I present you with two aircraft, both 1:48th scale. B17 Flying Fortress and a B25 Mitchell. Both were made by Revell and, as hinted at by their price tag (less than £30 each), were pretty bloody awful to make. The B25 wasn't too bad, but the B17 required lots of modification and the model didn't include parts to build the aircraft with wheels up, hence there was a lot of cursing, application of filler, swearing, re-application of filler, and general mayhem until I was happy with the result. Oh, and the instructions for the B17 were also terrible, and a lot of parts had to be guessed at as to how they fitted together!!

After painting they have turned out pretty good :) Only problem I now have is I have no ceiling space left !!! :)

DSC_3341.JPG

DSC_3343.JPG

DSC_3344.JPG

DSC_3345.JPG

DSC_3346.JPG

DSC_3347.JPG

DSC_3348.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Major General

These look amazing!

reminds me of my bedroom as a boy (no offence meant!). I kept them there, forgotten and gathering dust, until the day I got my first ever girlfriend into the sack. :x

well, she took one look at my 'planes, told me that's what wee boys did, and nearly cooled my ardour....and my 'ard-on!!!!  :$

next day, they all came down and into a box.should've had more b*lls and told her to do one, but I    wouldn't have had so much fun, would I??:D:P:Bang:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Bil, you could have told her it was something for her to look up at while you were doing the business and imagine what it was like having nookie during the blitz!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...

model building is fun. did a lot of it when i was a kid but, now due to age it is just a memory.

Steve,s models have increased to a much larger scale now, but he is got on the forum now

• 1 year later...
On 19/08/2016 at 15:38, Bil4338 said:

These look amazing!

reminds me of my bedroom as a boy (no offence meant!). I kept them there, forgotten and gathering dust, until the day I got my first ever girlfriend into the sack. :x

well, she took one look at my 'planes, told me that's what wee boys did, and nearly cooled my ardour....and my 'ard-on!!!!  :$

next day, they all came down and into a box.should've had more b*lls and told her to do one, but I    wouldn't have had so much fun, would I??:D:P:Bang:

I nearly killed my 1st girl friend while we where "doing" it, knocked a M35 German helmet off the shelf and "beamed" her on the head! My 1st and last with her, lol