Can you please help identify ?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Hi guys,picked this picture up but struggling to identify the cap badge,hopefully if you can identify it may help trace the gentleman,14'star and MC ribbon and rank,just need the blummin regt O.o.

Thanks in advance FKA :D

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I was thinking at first glance maybe ? But the titles go up and not down on the cap badge ?,I am sure it's a hussars regt for some strange reason o.O.

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Thats not the WW1 Welsh Regt cap badge that you show, there are definate three plumes on the cap, the other one that comes close could be the 20th Middlesex Regt, but there is no surrounding wreaths

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Yes, I should have made it more clearer I meant that I thought it was the Yorkshire regiment at first glance :$.

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Oh you star Norrie,I did say to the wife you have your uses :P,I think we can say that's a YES :).

Top man

No I dont think its that one either, the formation of the crown is completely different to the shape on the cap and the armatures are also different

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fred Karno's Army said:

Oh you star Norrie,I did say to the wife you have your uses :P,I think we can say that's a YES :).

Top man

LOl, If you are happy, then I am ecstatic old chap...:) Just opened a big book of Armed Forces Badges,  and there it was....:)

Just now, Davejb said:

No I dont think its that one either, the formation of the crown is completely different to the shape on the cap and the armatures are also different

The regt full name is Queen Alexandras 3rd Gurkha Rifles, that badge in my pic  is a KC, hers would be a QC?? would that make a difference?? :0

The kings crown is rounded the queens has the outside form of the crown raised, these look more like plumes to me on the cap, I still think it has something to do with a Welsh regt or along those lines, if you look closely there are plumes on his cap buttons as well

Guest Fred Karno's Army

You know in retrospect @Davejb maybe my wife is right about @Norrie.:/:D 

BUT if you look at the buttons at an angle,is it not the bugle with the crown above indicating a rifles regt ?...and as they appear so dark (as rifle brigade buttons are). Back to square one :(

@Norrie your a bitter disappointment ,don't pass go and don't collect £200 :P;).

• Field Marshall

Remember that a lot of these pics, including this one, have been hand retouched. They tend to accentuate badges etc. so you don't always get true dimensions/perspective.

He's also got shoulder titles??????

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

The shoulder titles being worn by officers is not uncommon in WW1, but prior to ranking bieng moved from the cuff to the eppaulette around 1916/17 and seeing he has one pip highlighted (Captain) was this added ?,along with the 14 ribbon and MC ribbon ?.Put all that together and still non the wiser lol o.O;).

Check out the Leinster Regt WW1 cap badge, thats the nearest one to matching as far as i can see