ID of Stick grenade

Davejb

Ok guys I need some help in ID ing as WW1 German Stick grenade. My mate was given this grenade, in reasonable relic condition, but the can has a series of drilled holes in it. There are three equally spaced holes around the circumference of the can and  five equally spaced holes in the top. I initially thought this was for smoke . Does anyone have any suggestions as to the type, or photos, or rarity, if if there is a rarity to it, cheers

Thanks Lenny, thats the one he,s got, so its a practise grenade, I,ll let him know,,, He also has a weird type of grenade, its a length of flat wood, with a tube of metal attached by wire, above that another smaller tube with a type of make shift fuze, also bound by wire,,, its supposed to be a French trench grenade, these were both found on the Somme years ago

• Upvote 1

• Major General

I know the sort of grenade this will be, alas can't recall if it's French or British, I've got it pictured in my mind! :|

• Upvote 1

Thanks Bil, could you send that projected picture to Lenny lol

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Tried sending, but it just keeps buffering, then a message appears 'failed to send'....^_^