New to the collection. Also help ID buckle maker?

Afrikakorpsrat64

Hi all!

Just added this 1943 dated and named belt, and this Heer buckle to the collection. The buckle maker I can barely see through the paint, looks like it starts with a C.L ?maybe. Any help ( @Lenny) would be most appreciated. I couldnt get a decent pic. of the maker mark. sorry.

nme.jpg

bklinsd.jpg

20160905_103030.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 06:33, Manu Della Valle said:

Yes...plenty of knowledgeable collectors over at WR...can't believe they're still buying and selling these:
http://www.warrelics.eu/classifieds/third-reich-german-uniforms/p9706-wwii-ss-tropical-boots-100-untouched-period-pair.html

Not sure what that has to do with my Belt and buckle post @Manu Della Valle. the buckle is an original  Christian Theodore Dicke . Which we have established. But thanks for posting about the fake boots.

9 minutes ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Not sure what that has to do with my Belt and buckle post @Manu Della Valle. the buckle is an original  Christian Theodore Dicke . Which we have established. But thanks for posting about the fake boots.

Oh,
your buckle is beautiful,I just won't  loose any opportunity to point out that both the WAF and the WRF are full of crooks and convicted felons....and of people who don't know shi t from Shinola........and wonder why their shoes dont' shine!:D
I LOVE your set!:x
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
5 hours ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Oh,
your buckle is beautiful,I just won't  loose any opportunity to point out that both the WAF and the WRF are full of crooks and convicted felons....and of people who don't know shi t from Shinola........and wonder why their shoes dont' shine!:D
I LOVE your set!:x
Cheers
Manu

That's a bit of a generalisation, I've got plenty friends on both forums and people who I trust implicitly... ;) You get idiots everywhere though, not just confined to those two forums. ;)

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

That's a bit of a generalisation, I've got plenty friends on both forums and people who I trust implicitly... ;) You get idiots everywhere though, not just confined to those two forums. ;)

That's not generalization Lenny...there are nice people everywhere but I PERSONALLY met crooks,forger,thieves and fake-endorsing crooks..and even just one of them is one too many!

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Manu Della Valle said:

That's not generalization Lenny...there are nice people everywhere but I PERSONALLY met crooks,forger,thieves and fake-endorsing crooks..and even just one of them is one too many!

My point is, you cant tar all the WAF and WRF with the same brush, there are many crooks everywhere. For its size, WAF probably has the same ratio of crooks as we see in real everyday life.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with @Lenny, there are crooks everywhere but alot of honest collectors and traders as well. I've been a WAF member for 2 years, I admit I dont interact on there much but the few sales purchases I have made were honest and good deals. I have also had one bad experience on there as well, but I try not to let the bad apples ruin the bunch for me. :)

• Upvote 1