Latest anteeky shoppe find...

Bil4338

• Major General

Popped into a wee antiques parlour I've always meant to do whilst on my hols, and found this.....a Fairey Firefly navigation light control panel complete in its canvas holder and stores box.quite an interesting item despite my interest in aeronautica being pretty low.I seem to be getting adept at finding things in small Scottish village shops and boot sales these days....long may it continue...!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

• Major General

Yep! Dragged the wife into this old cottage where you go down steps at the side into the back garden.the patio's laid out with tables etc, and it's her basement spare room turned into a tearoom/antique shop.

a very attractive and curvy lady too. :Pso I turned on the old charm ^_^and managed to get a whack off the price, which I was happy with. B|

dont think I'll have it for long though as I'm sure someone with more enthusiasm might like it, although it is a lovely item, and in pristine condition too...

• Upvote 2

That is a pretty rare item and in perfect condition, I would.nt be too keen to pass it on if I was you, that can only appreciate in value.. you dont often find something 70 plus years old in such a perfect state, and seeing there are no aircraft around of that type that I know of, even in museums, its even rarer. You could try contacting Duxford and ask them for any info,, they might be able to tell you just how rare it is

• Upvote 3

@Davejb..according to the t'internet their are still three aircraft flying..and a few more being refurbed to flying status....might be worth @Bil4338 finding them and contacting the owners...:D

It might be THE part the owner needs to get airborne...:3d-f18-jet-fighter-smiley-emoticon:

http://www.warbirdalley.com/firefly.htm

Just noticed, the one in the picture on the link is in Del Mar, just down the road from where i'm off to in 4 weeks...crack a deal with him, and I'll take it over for you...save on post etc...:flying-jet:  BTW, I'm being serious here...:D

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

@Norrie, think that one will be complete if it's flying! But thanks for the info and advice.I'm thinking that a keen collector would love to have it, it's only a question of who and where!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bil4338 said:

@Norrie, think that one will be complete if it's flying! But thanks for the info and advice.I'm thinking that a keen collector would love to have it, it's only a question of who and where!

Yep, but from there you will find the others that are being rebuilt... As with everything miltaria, its a small world, even smaller if you have a Fairey Firefly...:3d-f18-jet-fighter-smiley-emoticon:

• 2 months later...
  • Major General

Erm...it's Bill actually, but thanks for commenting!!:D

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry Bil, My apology......Best Wishes....Desert Rat