More WW2 British Jacknifes.

Norrie

Just increased the size of my jacknife collection by 100%..from 3 to 6.....just won these on the bay of Evil....

Two dated 1941 and 1944, the third has no date....

I love this type of knife and want more of them......:x

knife.jpg

knife2.jpg

knife3.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I still have my dads and uncles Jack knives both dated 41. At Odessey there was a stall that had a box full of "jacks" in different states of condition but in the main they were pretty good 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I might just have a "fetish"...but I'm happy with myself and my weirdness.......LOL.....:)

This will make 6 in total and another to come from the chap who gave me the WW1 belt...:)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello Norrie,

Nice items for your collection.....Well Done!

Best to you & your family for the festive season....Desert Rat

• 9 months later...

Since Dec last year, my collection of Jacknives has grown steadily...:) Think I have about a dozen more, undated and with no crows foot......:)

jacknives3.jpg

jacknives2.jpg

jacknives1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Norrie,

A very nice collection coming along great, I never realised they made so many!

I see these on French websites / and a Vide Greniers (boot Fairs) going at good prices from WW1 & WW2....sorry to say as I am not interested in these so I let them go!

Best to you & Thanks for showing us on MCN.

Desert Rat

• Like 1

Hiya, When you say you see them at "good prices" d'you mean cheap as chips ??...if so, I'm on my way over...:) 

I love WW2 Jackknives...no idea why...might be cos I have my grandads one from his time in the RA...along with his beer bottle opener that he carried right through...

...:)

• Like 1

Hello Norrie,

Yes I have seen them being sold in many (Vide Greniers) boot fairs across France ....some just 10 - 15 - 20 Euros, I have taken my magnifying glass and seen the makers marks on the base of the blade,   so and so -Sheffield etc. Some go for more, but most of them (as most really dont know the rarity of them or the correct price) they just want to sell them and make a small profit for the day!

I have seen probably in the last 20 years or so about 30 - 40, but the only one I want is the SOE knife with the tyre cutter....The rest I am not interested in...Sorry!

If I find any I will buy them and let you know...no promises, but now I know you collect them I would be pleased to buy them, ( I have to hide them in my camper as if French Doune/ or uk cus.t..ms find them they are all taken) and I will be in the messy stuff.

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1