This weeks rust arrivals

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Some new relic bits from the Somme for the collection this week,so plenty of cleaning and scrubbing lined up :D.The Cavalry sword blade was found at Moreuil Wood,which is where the last cavalry charge of the Great War took place on the 30th March 1918.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just now, Fred Karno's Army said:

@Norrie you will laugh at this but I have never actually watched the film :$:D.

It's not a bad film at all, the battle scenes look very authentic....9_9 So, get it watched, then I can ask questions about it next week.....:P

Guest Fred Karno's Army
2 minutes ago, Steve T said:

The Vickers cloth belt starter tab......is it unit marked?

Never thought to look Steve to be honest :$.It shall be the first on the list to start with tomorrow mate ;).

:(:( Not even a makers mark or year ? I have more than 200 and yet to find one that isn't at least maker marked. Three are unit marked :) 

Strange beast. Never seen one with three rivets down the tongue like that. All the ones I have just have the one at the end. Wonder if it could be German or French or possibly even American?

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
2 hours ago, Steve T said:

Strange beast. Never seen one with three rivets down the tongue like that. All the ones I have just have the one at the end. Wonder if it could be German or French or possibly even American?

After having a toot ont tinternet turns out its MG08/15 starter tab.

There ya go :) Flipping WW1 German ordnance guys copying our starter tabs......bloody cheek!