Mk1 Marching Compass.

Norrie

I am absolutely loving this hobby....and I can only blame three people for my obsession...:P

You know who you are,..... @Fred Karno's Army @Lenny and @Bil4338

I've been after a marching compass since i got my fantastic P11 Aircraft compass off a fantastic member of the MCN...and this evening, got this on the bay of evil....

I'm really excited about getting this, for not a lot of money, in fact, was quite surprised to get it for so little...and its got it's case too...

BTW, @Bil4338 Got myself a lightweight, correctly dated gas mask bag for my dummies webbing....the big early one can come off soon...:P

marchcompass2.jpg

marchcompass3.jpg

marchcompass.jpg

gas mask bag2.jpg

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Lenny said:

We aim to please... ;)

You certainly have, and are...were the f*** where you lot 30 years ago, when I spent a zillion pounds on my first boat....??? :S All I did was catch a few fish and throw £20 notes into the sea...LOL

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Waring & Gillows manufactured respirator case that Norrie,manufactured about 4 miles from me ;).Itza very niccee :D

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Norrie said:

You certainly have, and are...were the f*** where you lot 30 years ago, when I spent a zillion pounds on my first boat....??? :S All I did was catch a few fish and throw £20 notes into the sea...LOL

Boats are a mugs game, unlike militaria.... Err, hold on... ?

• Upvote 1

• Major General
39 minutes ago, Fred Karno's Army said:

Waring & Gillows manufactured respirator case that Norrie,manufactured about 4 miles from me ;).Itza very niccee :D

Feck it Karno, you beat me to it!;)

and cheers Norrie, all part of the service mate.:P

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Lenny said:

Boats are a mugs game, unlike militaria.... Err, hold on... ?

But @Lenny you need a boat to catch things like this...off the west coast of Scotland, in the Sound of Mull...almost 500 feet down, and weighed in at a shade under 240lbs...broke the UK record by 13lbs... Tagged and back in under 4 minutes...:P

big fash.jpg

• Upvote 1

JESUS H,,,,,Its a bloody ALIEN, bit bigger than my tench, perch and pike I catch down the river near me!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Davejb said:

JESUS H,,,,,Its a bloody ALIEN, bit bigger than my tench, perch and pike I catch down the river near me!!!!!!!

LOL...Yep, @Davejb  tis too... I fished for and caught dozens of those big girls for the Scottish Natural History Museums Bio Diversity action plan, all were measured and tagged...I (again) learned from the master of such fishing...We fished with 2lb weights, 100lb braid, and maybe a 2lb Rainbow Trout Or Coalie for bait...:)

I,d be happy with the bloody rainbow trout, I caught three in our local river and they went down very well with a glass of Chabli!!

• Upvote 1

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, but give a man a boat and he can sit on the deck and drink beer all day! ?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mav352 said:

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, but give a man a boat and he can sit on the deck and drink beer all day! ?

@Mav352 Oh noooo!!!...No beer on my boat, never ever ever...we fish in main shipping areas, massive ships and ferries going past all day long..... and I'd never get over it if anything happened while i was skippering the boat...could end up with time in jail too if it did...:S

Tho, must admit, we made up for it afterwards...9_9

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
25 minutes ago, Norrie said:

@Mav352 Oh noooo!!!...No beer on my boat, never ever ever...we fish in main shipping areas, massive ships and ferries going past all day long..... and I'd never get over it if anything happened while i was skippering the boat...could end up with time in jail too if it did...:S

Tho, must admit, we made up for it afterwards...9_9

You wouldn't have gotten on with me or my crew when I was in the MN in that case :$,bad influences you see all jocks lol :P.At least I had nothing to run into either with my own yacht on Coniston,we started the morning with rum in the coffee :D.

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Major General
On 12 September 2016 at 19:36, Norrie said:

But @Lenny you need a boat to catch things like this...off the west coast of Scotland, in the Sound of Mull...almost 500 feet down, and weighed in at a shade under 240lbs...broke the UK record by 13lbs... Tagged and back in under 4 minutes...:P

big fash.jpg

Jesus mate, I've never seen a bloke with something that big between his legs before........:o

and I'm talking about the fishy....B|!!!

• Upvote 1