WH TROPICAL BELT AND BUCKLE WITH A VERY,VERY UNUSUAL TWIST!

Manu Della Valle

First off I'd like to show @Lenny that I cannot compete with his great collection of WH tropical belts,in fact I've got only five or six of them.They all come with their original buckles....I'm not into buckles and I'd never buy one without asking for advice because I only have the ones I've found out of the woodwork and I must honestly admit that I've never studied them and I'm sure that given the frightenly authentic-looking fakes around I could get burnt like a perfect noob!

P9171349.JPG

• Upvote 2

One of the belts tells that "graffiti" wasn't something to be found only on Viet Nam era GI and Marines helmet covers,uniforms and AFVs!This one must have obviously belonged to a "Krunt" !
I found it a few years ago when I went to a militaria show in  in Piacenza,Italy, to pay my old friends a visit and it came straight from the cache of my "pusher" of WH tropical goodies from the Italian TO.He was very active and had a million contacts but he unfortunately moved abroad in 2010!:(
It could look like a million other belts when seen from the outside,but on its inner side it hides the names of the cities wich our friend has passed thru or by during his military career,Ulm being the last one!It's deffo worth noting how "Vietnam War-style" lettering was all the rage 70 years ago,and the very same style can be seen used on the noseart of many a US and Allied plane or AFV;is from there that our friend drew the inspiration to write the names of those cities like that?From a picture seen on "Yank" or from a downed plane or a KOed tank perhaps?We'll never know for sure!
The buckle has been on the belt forever,in fact it's quite hard to remove,but I treckon there's no need to!
I bet @Lenny £20 that he's never seen anything like that!A "know-it-all" once said that those names may have been written post-War by a travelling man or girl...yes...it would have definitely been a wise thing to travel thru Italy and Germany wearing a WH belt with a nice eagle clutching a swastika!
Hope you enjoy
Manu

P9171356.JPG

P9171355.JPG

P9171354.JPG

P9171352.JPG

P9171351.JPG

P9171347.JPG

P9171346.JPG

P9171345.JPG

P9171344.JPG

P9171343.JPG

P9171342.JPG

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Quite simply stunning, love them all. Yet again, only one thing to say.... :-O

• Upvote 1

Oh,puhleeze, Big Boss...you've even got too many belts for my liking!I only have a handful vs. your room full of belts,helmets and...........electric guitars!¬¬
anyway....I'll kep you posted IF and WHEN!^_^

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
25 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Oh,puhleeze, Big Boss...you've even got too many belts for my liking!I only have a handful vs. your room full of belts,helmets and...........electric guitars!¬¬
anyway....I'll kep you posted IF and WHEN!^_^

Errr, may I remind you of the amazing items you post???? ;)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Errr, may I remind you of the amazing items you post???? ;)

I'd love that if only the other members would do the same!I only give my humble contribution to the forum, @Lenny!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
21 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

I'd love that if only the other members would do the same!I only give my humble contribution to the forum, @Lenny!
Cheers
Manu

Indeed, it makes me sad that we burst or ass to make this the best place to be, and hardly any bugger turns up... shower of philistines... ;)

• Upvote 1