Identification needed

Bil4338

• Major General

Hi folks, two badges here, just need clarification on them.top is obviously pre-1953 British, but for what purpose?

bottom are printed on cloth, as in the British style, maybe even British made, but I can't find these in any reference book or online.perhaps for an Arabic country or such as Pakistan or India?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Major General

It's certainly identical to the formation patch, but why the crown in the centre I wonder? Added later or what...begs further investigation, maybe something rare and collectable?

• Upvote 1

@Bil4338 maybe the crown was an officers thing? or added later. Some one in my research mentioned Singapore on the other two patches, close as I could come was finding the crescent moon and stars, still looking for an actual patch but maybe we are close?  

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

@Bil4338 maybe the crown was an officers thing? or added later. Some one in my research mentioned Singapore on the other two patches, close as I could come was finding the crescent moon and stars, still looking for an actual patch but maybe we are close?  

images.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Major General

I think it's Singapore. Someone (sorry, forget who...Davejb perhaps) ID'd it as such and provided a link to a Singaporean collectors site.an identical badge was there...apart from the two colour's it was single, but exact same in design.

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Correction, it was Mav352 ....Singaporean Police patches.he provided a (tenuous) link which if you click 'collections', second down on the left shows the exact patches under 'colonial insignia' or similar.I won't return to the site to check as it's difficult to navigate as under construction and keeps loading unwanted pages instead.so thanks to all, particularly Mav352 for some great detective work!

• Upvote 2

@Bil4338 anytime my friend it helped to pass a couple of quiet night shifts, I will check back to that site from time to time to see if that section is up yet ( I want to know what they are as well ).:)

• Upvote 2