What are these?

Bil4338

• Major General

As posted above, I'm looking for clarification on these badges.top is obviously British, but for what/whom?

bottom looks British-made, but for what unit/armed force?

any help gratefully received!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

At first thought, It could be a Sgt Majors wrist band insignia ,possibly Engineers, but I, dont think I,ve seen one like it before. The other two look like foreign insignias possibly middle eastern, the stars and crescent moon, they are definately puzzling

• Upvote 1

• Major General

What I thought too...not in any insignia ref. books I own.someone somewhere must know!

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Maybe just a locally produced brigade or divisional insignia,for some niggling reason I keep thinking Persian.No idea why though !.Although the colours would suggest Indian or Pakistan,dunno O.o.

I concur with thine statement Paul ^^^

I had a look in my handbook, because why not ;), and there's nothing like that at Regimental level in the British section.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

@Bil4338 had a little time during my night shift for a quick Google,  I can't find that specific patch but it came up with the flag of Singapore.  I wonder if it's from There? 

Singapore_flag.jpg

• Like 1

• Major General

That's a good match, apart from the pedantic aspect that turned around, the star cluster is slightly awry.however, you never know if foreign quality control dictates the accuracy of military emblems..!!

• Upvote 1

We were,nt far out seeing it could be Asian,,, but I think that actually makes sense, British troops in Singapore could well have picked these up, I,d be inclined to think this was case solved.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

That's a good match, apart from the pedantic aspect that turned around, the star cluster is slightly awry.however, you never know if foreign quality control dictates the accuracy of military emblems..!!

@Bil4338 on further checking I found that the Police insignia is that way around so it might be an early Police patch. Hope this helps narrow it down a bit. 

spf.jpg

Edited by Mav352
  • Upvote 1

Never even thought about police insignias, but now its solved plus a learning curve for the future

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just goes to show that "you never can tell" what you will find. ? (Trouble is now I really want to find out exactly what it is). :$

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

Sorry to you all I missed this,

But all your answers seem to agree. I will try and find out and let you know.

Mind you the others who answered you are very knowlegdable with insignia.

Best to you all...Desert Rat