WW1 28th Infantry Uniform & Equipment

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

This lot arrived today,I picked the picklehaube up of a gentleman a few weeks ago and he mentioned he may have some other bits !.So it all arrived today,some bits like the ammo pouches,bread bag,shovel etc,are real and the rest is reproduction.

I have not got a great deal of first war German stuff concentrating more on commonwealth to be honest,but thought it would nice to have a full mannequin as a comparison.Apologies in advance for the belt kit layout I'm still learning Bosch stuff :$.

So the current mannequin tally is Commonwealth 11 /  Germany 1 ;).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Thanks @DAK D @Norrie, it's saved me picking bits up as I go along to complete that's for sure.There was a great coat too again badged as the 28th but I folded this (badly :$) around the pack,or tornister I believe they are called ;).

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

@Fred Karno's Army very nice set of kit. Judging by the 5th company Troddel on the bayonet frog appears to have come from an ex member of Im Westen  (5th company 28th infantry), which my brother,myself and 3 of our friends ( Brian Keene,  Matt McColl and Wayne Batchelor)  were the founder members of back in the late 90's . I wonder if it was anyone I knew from back then.