Opinion on this tunic?

PmMeYourCats

Someone I know is selling this but I know nothing about tunics so no idea if it's good or not. There is a ghost of an eagle but that could have been created by leaving it out in the sun for a bit. It passes the smell test but it could just be an older reproduction.

14469254_656947244483279_548479836_n.jpg

14463626_658396797671657_456980568_n.jpg

14470914_658396611005009_1240376704_n.jpg

14469322_658396594338344_815531142_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hi @PmMeYourCats,

Its an army first pattern tropical field blouse, but my first imression is it's a copy, but unfortunately I can't be 100% definite, because your photos are not helping very much. I have taken down all my DAK items, as I am moving them to the Afrika Korps area of the forum, so I will help you here if I can?

Can you please take some photos of the following areas on the blouse.

Outside area

1/ Close up of collar area where the tropical litzen should have been.

2/ Under the collar view.

3/ Straight on shot where the eagle was? I have to say the eagle placement looks bad and that is not a good sign?

4/ A photo of behind the lower pockets at the bottom lower area.

5/ Outside cuff button area sewing.

Inside areas

1/ Inside the collar area at the back (make sure you photo all the collar area along the back.

2/ Selvage seam area along the back of the blouse inside.

3/ Field dressing pocket on the lower right side.

4/ Size and maker markings on the area where the five buttons are located.

5/ Under the flap that hides the five buttons ( You shouls see five S shaped rings that keep the buttons in place.

6/ Belt hook loops both sides.

Best Regards

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

@PmMeYourCats hi I have to say I agree with @DAK D my first impression is reproduction but if memory serves when the Bundesheer was formed in the late 50's they used an almost identical tunic ( although I've only seen them in tan and not for a number of years now). Look forward to better pictures. 

Edited by Mav352

Save your dough!You've posted a picture of the buttonhole and that's fne but.....why?It's not the buttonhole per se the issue,rather the way it's made and the machine that made it!You can take a million pictures and then some but you'll always be much better off staying away from it and take a look here;http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H090073.html
a wee pricey put-together coming from Czech depots but at least a honest-to-god first model tropical tunic!

Cheers
M

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

If a fellow member on this site wants to know if any Heer tropical euipment/uniform item is orgiinal, or fake and I believe I can help them I will. In this case the photos are bad and better photos are required to determine the authenticity of the tropical blouse in question.

The tropical blouse in the link is a second pattern one and too expensive for what it is.

D

• Major General

The topic tunic to me, looks very new and shiny, so at first glance I'd go with it being a decent repro of the type that Soldier of Fortune sell.as already stated, clear and detailed photos are the only thing which will determine authenticity here.as there's no apparent wear on the tunic, though, I'd say the chances of it being an original are slim.