For anyone interested in modelling

Davejb

If anyone wants to see what a master modeller can do , try looking at youtube , type in Rojas Bazan, then scroll through his models, completely hand made, no pre made parts, everything made from metal, engineered by him in 1/15th scale,  These are the finest models I have ever seen, detail is,nt the word, and I think you will be amazed at this mans skill, if I could model half as well as this I could make a decent living at it. He gets commissions from all over the world

• Thanks 1

Strange that theres no interest in seeing what a skilled modeller can do, I thought this would be something that would appeal to a lot of military and aircraft enthusiasts and fellow modellers?????????

• Thanks 1

Just had a look at his website page.... he's a bit good isn't he. Very impressive,  I don't think I will bother making anymore models after that. :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Making metal models must be one of the hardest forms to do, especially to that level, the amount of research and then the engineering alone must take him months, plus he must have the patience of a saint. I would,nt worry about the models we do, theres absolutely no comparison and I dont think I would even bother trying

• Like 1

Hi Dave,
we've already discussed the fact that unlike on FB the interest is frightening lacking in just about any subforumhere!Even if I've been knowing Rojas for a dozen years now, thank you for bringing his amazing skills to the attention of those who may have never heard of him!Working with metal is VERY difficult,I've had the chance to see many of his masterpieces and some are better than the others and the one I like most is the F4U Corsair...I think it was on his site!
Best
Manu

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hello Davejb,

I am surprised that no one really seems to be interested in modelling....there are literally hundreds of items from both wars that can be modelled, it's a great interest to many, sadly not much on here. When I was a kiddies that's all we done.....now it seems lost...sadly!

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian