Aircraft Carrier Deck Crew Helmet.

Norrie

A wee change of scene....picked this up at Santee Swap meet last Sunday, for NOT a lot of money...dated 2012...modern, and I'm thinking, current issue....but a welcome addition to my USN stuff nonetheless..... C/w headphones and mike..Green is for the catapult operators, seemingly, the most dangerous job on the deck...named to a Cpl Vargas.....in good condition too. I'd love to find out what Aircraft carrier it came off.

Apologies for rubbish pics...back to my rubbish phone again...

20161022_212033.jpg

20161022_212054.jpg

20161022_212101.jpg

20161022_212041.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thats a nice piece of kit, it does,nt matter if its modern, its militaria, and something different, its the first one I,ve seen on a military site. Also you might be able to trace what ship Vargas was stationed on via American crew lists, that would be a nice provenance to add to it

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Davejb said:

Thats a nice piece of kit, it does,nt matter if its modern, its militaria, and something different, its the first one I,ve seen on a military site. Also you might be able to trace what ship Vargas was stationed on via American crew lists, that would be a nice provenance to add to it

Thanks @Davejb...My uncle is a retired USN CPO, and is going to see what he can find for me..he has all sorts of resources to hand that I dont...and lots of military contacts.....It would make it special if it turns out to be from the USS Stennis, as the family have a friend serving on her....:)

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Very Nice Item.....Not so easy to find, you done well ......Congrats......Desert Rat