German ID Tag need help

dagodave

Hello everyone I've been cleaning out one of my rooms for the last 2 months. I came across a large grouping of Luftwaffa items in one container. I'm questioning the originality of this tag, can anyonetell me the information here? I was thinking Luftwaffa Recon?

Thanks for the help!

tmp_14301-20161105_123313-600769205.jpg

Well, dont take my word for it but I think this could well be a fake, my reasoning is this, 1/ the font is too precise, 2/ the whole tag is is way to clean, no age to it, no dirt or crud in the lettering, 3/ usually the lettering is reversed and upside down from the top, on the lower section.4/ each line of the lettering is in near perfect alignment top and bottom. I would say that this has been made in a jig whereby the tag can be moved forwards or backwards and the stamping is in a fixed position. But I would wait and see if there are other comments from guys more experienced with  Erkennungsmarken

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Davejb said:

Well, dont take my word for it but I think this could well be a fake, my reasoning is this, 1/ the font is too precise, 2/ the whole tag is is way to clean, no age to it, no dirt or crud in the lettering, 3/ usually the lettering is reversed and upside down from the top, on the lower section.4/ each line of the lettering is in near perfect alignment top and bottom. I would say that this has been made in a jig whereby the tag can be moved forwards or backwards and the stamping is in a fixed position. But I would wait and see if there are other comments from guys more experienced with  Erkennungsmarken

It makes sense Dave I can't make head or tails out of the description doesn't seem to make sense. Thanks for you opinion  I don't remember even buying anything like this must have came in the grouping.

• Upvote 1

SCHKP = Schiitzenkompanie (rifle company)

AUFKL = Aufkliarung (reconnaissance)

FL= Flieger (Flyer)

SCH = Has about 30 different definitions!

FLSCH together = Fliegerschule (Flying school)

So the upshot of this is that the tag is very confused and, given its condition, almost certainly a fantasy fake item.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Steve I don't have very many disks as I've pulled a few out its definitely a fake.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Yes I agree with you all it is a fake....not only what other members have described but if a soldier was to wear this this, which all were....dont you think it would be scratched, marked, metal pitted with sweat etc etc.....FAKE SORRY   !

• Upvote 1