WW1 War Adverts.

Norrie

@Fred Karno's Army...Got these given to me by a good friend...he's now a cop, but before joining up he was a printer...when he was an apprentice he was tasked to clear out a store room...he found hundreds of adverts like this, and 000,s of whisky ones...all put in a skip...but, he retrieved lots of them later that day...and they lay in his garage till this weekend...

You can see pencil writing on the various ads...stating how many they would do on a print run, and the date of the run...

There are dozens more on their way to me... plus lots of Military themed prints...When they get here, I'll put up some photos.:)

WW1 Adverts008.jpg

WW1 Adverts009.jpg

WW1 Adverts010.jpg

WW1 Adverts011.jpg

WW1 Adverts012.jpg

WW1 Adverts013.jpg

WW1 Adverts014.jpg

WW1 Adverts015.jpg

• Thanks 1

WOW !!!........Congratulations on getting these, they are superb, will look fantastic in a frame on the wall.....!!!

White Horse Whiskey 4/ 6d a bottle...48/- shillings a dozen bottles....Where is that shop????

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Desert Rat...yep...really cool items...the whisky ones he has are even better...he has hundreds of full size advertising posters, ...must be worth a small fortune...he said there are dozens of military prints...I'll need to start buying frames by the truck load...:D

• Upvote 1

Brilliant.....Just what we need to Remind us ALL as Remembrance day is near......The Men and "Boys" who gave all and sacrificed their Lives for their Belief in Freedom 1914 - 1918/ 1939 - 1945 and wars Thereafter Down to Our Day....We Remember You ALL....On 11 - 11 - 2016..."To You The Heroes, You Gave  Your Lives..We Can Only Give Our Deepest Gratitude & Falling Tears".

Ian Robertson Bridle.

10660299_10152825427253939_9076875292981646354_n.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
A Poignant Reminder to us ALL ...a Lone Poppy (British & Commonwealth Troops Surrounded by the Enemy
  • Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Fantastic mate,will have to get a few scanned ;),the box of stuff arrived too mate.Mucho gracias:x 

Good stuff...I did'nt paint them...BUT...enclosed some silver for you...LOL....:D

I'll do proper scans of those ones for you....I just rattled those through quickly....most are about A4 size...O.o

• Like 1

These are fantastic and good ones are as rare as rocking horse do do, Big money is to be made on original WW1 posters, mostly large scale but these initial ones look to be in great condition and I bet are worth a fair bit, Cant wait to see all the others

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks @Davejb....I had no idea they would be worth anything...most are the size of or less than an A4 sheet of paper...they were flyers given out on the streets or in shops...I do beleive however their are quite large ones to come my way...I know the Military prints are quite large tho...:D As soon as I get them...don't worry they will be put on the forum...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry I am Very Late in answering this Norrie,

But a great story of how there were found and "saved"....and Many Thanks For showing these invaluable posters.

Best Wishes....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi Ian...well, its almost two years since I posted this, and I was meant to be given the others in Nov 2017, when about 15 of us, plus boats, all head up to the west coast of Scotland to fish Loch Sunart...its one of the guys giving me the paperwork...BUT, due to family probs, I couldnt make it...:( ....BUT, its all happening again at the end of Oct/start of Nov...and he will have the stuff then...excited muchly mate...:)

Edited by Norrie
Grammer...:-)
  • Thanks 1