Remembrance Charity display

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I was asked by a local charity 'Poppy scatter' here in Morecambe if I could put a small display on for them as they were having a charity fun run on Sunday to raise funds.Well,it's easier than it sounds lol,after emptying,rooting,delving and sorting through the garage,spare bedrooms,front room and our own bedroom I kind of mashed a little bit of everything together for them.Thats the trouble when your hobby overruns your house lol.Anyway the day went well and they raised just over £1K for the cause,although I spent all day in bed Monday as my damn back proved it didn't approve,good fun was had by all !.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Major General

A sterling effort there, well done that man! Superb stuff indeed.

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Thanks @Bil4338 @Desert Rat,while we were there a lady came up to me and donated her family's medals to the project.Unfortunately she had no relatives and she is 76years old herself.Another lady has her fathers RE badged bush hat that he had worn in Burma that she also wants to donate with his medals too.I never envisaged incorporating a post WW1 section in the project,but from this we are going to incorporate an 'All wars remembered' section.When things are donated to the project we have paperwork with the doners details and explaining the aims of the project and it guarantees that items donated will not be sold,but shall be incorporated into public display.Another side to the project !.

IMG_0276.JPG

Absolutely Superb for You...To have this special collection....Well Done to You!

I commend you for your Charity Display a wonderful idea and opporyunity...and hope that many will visit it to support the Great effort you have put in.

IanB/ Desert Rat

So it was just a small display then????9_9 Thats one hell of a project, Fred old boy and a worthy one

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

https://m.facebook.com/thegreatwarheritageproject/

Thats the project above in its entirety @Davejb if your on FB.It was all arranged to be going into a permanent museum display a couple of hours away from my home,but my health is now such that it's just not feasible to do that,so I'm trying to do something locally and so far it's looking very promising with the response I've had.

Cheers Paul

Very Nice of You Norrie,

I spoke to Fred / Paul some days ago and what a very knowledgable man....Good Feelings with you Both..Thanks & Best Wishes...IanB/ Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fred Karno's Army said:

You lot are making me blush lol  :$:D,or is it the scotch :P.

nahhhhhhh...It's the Scotch....LOL.....:P:P:P

• Upvote 1

Paul......You well know the advantages of drinking red wine for the health and for the body...so here's an image for your daily dose...ENJOY..!!!

Desert Rat

1482973_10152984751838939_4929336985830786060_n(1).jpg

I am just starting my first glass now.....I will be pissed in an hour...get yours poured out now Fred/ PL.....Best Wishes..Desert Rat...IanB