My First Ever Deact.

Norrie

Just collected this today...and love it already...it's in fantastic condition and more than likely it's never been issued...Imported from Canada by Ryton Arms in 1999....by the thousands.....therefore has a good deactivation...cocks and dry fires...:D It has a Mk1 sight. and came with a dated 1944 sling.

All in all I am VERY pleased with it, and it will look great once its in its new home with the mannaquin.

Thanks to @Fred Karno's Army for the great information on it...:D

100_0713.jpg

100_0714.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0716.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0735.jpg

• Upvote 3

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Bloody World War Two junk........fnarr......fnrrrrr..........9_9,glad I could assist mate,do you need any de act rounds ;):D.I can send you some of those 500 back lol :D.

1 hour ago, Fred Karno's Army said:

Bloody World War Two junk........fnarr......fnrrrrr..........9_9,glad I could assist mate,do you need any de act rounds ;):D.I can send you some of those 500 back lol :D.

@Fred Karno's Army LOL...No mate...I've got some bullets on order...cases too...I'll need maybe 50 ( how many did a soldier carry ?) and will send the rest to you...:)

• Upvote 2

Just now, DAK D said:

Hi @Norrie,

That's a great deactivated Long Branch No 4

D

@DAK D Thankyou...was'nt expensive...so, am very happy with it... Got the option on a 1914 dated one too, plus an AKM rifle..:D

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DAK D said:

Hi Norrie,

Make sure you post some photos of the 1914 dated SMLE before you buy it mate.

D

Hi @DAK D For the money i'm getting it at..( less than the Longbranch ) when i do buy it, .I'm just going to buy it sight unseen...like I did with the Longbranch, and that was super cheap....I've known the guy for a couple of years, hes a gent, and is happy to let his deacts go for what he paid for them...even tho that was  many years ago...TBH...I offered £50 more than he wanted for the Longbranch...he says...too much money...BUT, I'll take...XXX amount .......he's happy....I'm ecstatic..........:D

• 4 years later...

long branch number 4's are high quality. workmanship was top notch. i had one dated the same and it was matched, mag and all. it is a shame when any item that is historical is destroyed. i am totally against it.