Broadsword calling Danny Boy....

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Broadsword calling Danny Boy.... The grouse is on the moor...

Remember me? Sorry I've not been about for  while, lots going on with work, family and other hobbies. I'm back now and updating a few things on the website. I've been wondering whether the forum really is working as it seems that more people want to use the Facebook group. Such is life, that seems to be the way these days. I've sort of left it on it's own for a while to see what happened, and basically not much happens.

Don't worry, the forum is here to stay, but I'll have to have a think about how it pays for itself, unlike FB, the web forum costs money to run. The NAAFI seems to work, and the adverts get auto posted onto the FB groups, which is neat.

I may add a regular quiz to here, but wonder if it's to no avail.

Thoughts guys?

Cheers,

Lenny

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

• Major General

Yep...the quiz...err, remind me, who did win the last one...???O.oo.O:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Major General

I'm ducking out of the game for a while. Keeping my head down on putting pics up on facebook ammo forums and the like after recent developments down in Kent.

• Upvote 3

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I don't know what to suggest,I suppose you can take the horse to water ?.

Personally I think,and this isn't a poke because I know this isn't the only group that nearly all admins manage,that to be admin on a subject and not and I don't mean daily,but not add items of interest or even chat,or shoot the jobby on posts in that section I can't see the point in it.

I regularly posted but then just just seemed to get an echo on most things,and lost faith.I wasn't out for brownie points or likes just trying to converse and shoot the jobby on subjects that interested me.So I backed off for a while.

It's a cracking group,and I would be sorry to see it go TBH,I think the amount of daily growing interest groups on FB demoralised the web guys,it's the first site I had and still have only really been devoted to since day one.But when you end up talking to yourself I can stay at home for that lol O.o

I don't know that's my two pennath, :|.

Ditto to  what him above said....this is my first and only Militaria website..I've been "tempted" by others, but this is the dogs .....and I have and will continue to get great info off it from very knowledgable guys...BUT...it does sound sometimes like yer speaking to yerself...which is a real shame, as it is a fantastic resource...especially for a newbie like myself...:D

More power to yer elbow tho guys...keep up the good work.

I just hope it picks up in the future...

• Upvote 2

I am trying to use the internet site more as I was in the old group.  I feel an allegiance to it.  A lot of the guys I remember from the old are there.  Even though I am not collecting much anymore I still like to contribute.  Some of the FB folks (not in the MCN) are beginning to act like some of the chappies on the BIG forums, I will not mention.  I've also met some new guys that have similar interests.

• Upvote 3

I have to agree, but I leave to the Field Marshal and staff as they have the knowledge.....I wish you all the Luck for MCN...Desert Rat

• Upvote 2

• Major General

I shall continue on here of course,just ducking from the facebook forums. My only bugbare on here is uploading pictures. My fault because im crap.

• Upvote 2

Just thought of another bit.  Are the ads in NAAFI being posted to the other FB sites automatically?  Reposted a few, but didn't see them on FB sites.  Just an added feature of visiting the internet site, and well worth it.

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
45 minutes ago, ahrtal said:

Just thought of another bit.  Are the ads in NAAFI being posted to the other FB sites automatically?  Reposted a few, but didn't see them on FB sites.  Just an added feature of visiting the internet site, and well worth it.

They are auto posted, but the software refreshes every few hours. They don't appear immediately. ;)

• Upvote 1

My Sincere Thanks to All of You at MCN....Especially Lenny and his "Band of Brothers" who have made this website with their own time, perseverance and obligation...to give us All....A Site that is, in fact better than EB....EBid..and Many Others....The Credit goes to you All.....and we All Congratulate Your Sincere Endeavours to keep this Working...For the Benefit of us out there/ here who believe in it, trust it and Hope it will continue with tens of thousands of new members!.....Thank You ALL...Desert Rat

Hello Field Mashal,

Please give us a quiz that will search our minds to find the answers....It is a Brilliant Idea!.

We All at MCN....Are Supporting You & the Staff...Desert Rat!

• Upvote 1

I feel that this is a common occurrance among forums, every one of them goes into a lull at one time or the other, the onus is upon its members to rejuvenate the topics, by posting either their items, asking advice,commenting on items posted, or just generally showing interest. there are enough members here to keep up the flow, I have rarely seen a proportion of the newest members interact here, and it appears to be the long standing members who are continually adding to topics and keeping the forums head above water. I cannot believe that among all the people here certain topics are not being utilised, take the German helmet section, or the caps, weapons,or any others you care to mention, from all the members here there must be many who have these items, or at least wish to ask questions,the German dagger section for example , nearly every collector I know has some form of weapon, dagger, etc, yet very little is being posted, it does,nt matter what the condition is of an item, its there to to be shown, admired and generally discussed. Perhaps one way of sparking interest is to arrange a monthly question and answer section whereby anyone who wants to know about a certain subject or has a problem with parts of their collection can just post  and get a reply rather that keeping it within a certain section, it does,nt matter what the subject is, have it as a free for all, friendly and informative 

• Upvote 2

Very Good comment Dave...I support you all the way....Please let's let us all try and get MCN moving onwards and upwards...whatever the topic ( I do try to add too much----message me please if I do this---anyone) but you are clearly right. We all have a Great website here From Lenny and the staff down...the more we all add our own personal images, stories, images/ stories/ visits/ some or all our collections/ what we have found at boot sales/ and other sites..it makes this a very, very interesting site...exceptionally different from ANY other as in a sense we are all collectors/ sellers/ interested on the Wars that we are sincerely interested in......We in the UK have ALL Lost Dear and Loving members of our families from years gone by....But we All Remember them as Heroes, we are all very passionate about our ancestors..and for this reason alone, only on MCN....We All can express our Heartfelt feelings of those of we loved in all the Wars from 1914 down to this Day...That we All Care & Remember Them ALL......!!!

All I want to say as with everything in life.....Support one another on MCN....Give our best as you all do ...and encourage (if we have time-so precious today to all of us today) commend each other by comments/ Stories/ Collections/  Items for Sale/ Items Wanted.....ALL our own feelings and what we like and enjoy as a friendly bunch together.....and move ahead with this Great Website....unlike any other ...YES....WE CAN DO IT...!!!

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Ok, I'll get my finger out. I've had to concentrate on my business recently, not easy being self employed, bills to pay etc.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Lenny,

We All appreciate your hard work to keep this site running and updated....not at all easy with your other work....But We All Say..... Many Thanks To You & All Your Staff on MCN....Desert Rat 

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Echo what others have said here, I wish I could photograph more stuff I have but it's impossible right now what with the Christmas season nigh upon us....family and work take precedence.i.e., I work in a very busy A&E dept in one of the 3 busiest hospitals in the country, just finished a ten-day rota, not much time to do much here, but hopefully I'll get into the war room and take some pics soon, if only to help give the forum a wee kick and show off more of the things I own.sometimes life's a bas***d that way!O.o>:(¬¬

• Upvote 2

Lenny, I dont think its a case of you "getting your finger out", WHY do people join a forum like this, I only know of one reason, to contribute, either with their collections or by helping others, A forum is only as strong and viable by its members and it appears to me that people who joined in recent months are content just to view whats being posted and either post a like or not and move onto another subject, you can see this in the amount of members who are online and the amount of comments made. If there are those who feel they dont have enough "experience" to comment , thats unfortunate and also a misnomer on their part, everyone on a forum should get involved in some way or other, theres no stupid questions when either learning or wanting to progress knowledge, if someone has a small collection, there,s no reason not to show it, they might have something thats rare, something that starts a long discussion,something that really sparks an interest from other members, one item shown by any member can be the start of a general discussion and that in turn involves that member from thereon. I therefore ask all those members who are just content to browse, get involved, thats the whole idea on a forum, thats why you joined, use the forum to its utmost, you cant break it. Everyone on any forum has something to give, whether it be a story to relate, a piece to show, a question that needs an answer, or just to learn about a new subject. Theres an old saying "Use it or lose it" so please get involved, a lot of work has been and is still being done to keep this forum going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I Totally Agree Dave....I cant sum it up any better..Thanks

Best Wishes to You & All Your Family for the Festive Season....Eat, Drink & Keep Collecting...!!!

• Upvote 2