Broadsword calling Danny Boy....

Lenny

• Major General

Was it even on? Cos the last winner never got his prize...😗🤨🤔

• Like 1

Hello Bil,

I dont even know who won it,,,,,,,not you or me?, I am sure....??

Best to you...Ian

There was one in September Bil.....Did you miss it, I tried with my caption but dont know who won it...???

Bet to you....Ian

• Major General

No idea Ian, after I won it I’ve kinda lost interest! Just gonna concentrate on actual Militaria and history.

• Like 1

Shame really Bil but it was a great idea and kept us thinking, see what happens ?

Best to you...Ian

• Field Marshall
On 03/10/2018 at 22:43, Desert Rat said:

Who won the September Caption Competition.....Anyone know...Thanks?

Hold on...

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, S4wgb said:

How do I start a thread please?

Usually this is self-explanatory - you go to some subforum and press "Start new topic" button".

Do you see it?

• 2 months later...

Hello to you all! I'm here at last thank you Desert Rat and the admin team. I have been in the wings for about three months...just making my point..I'm here and not gone else where. Why ? Well because I have been around collecting since the 80s .I have run a society and know how hard it is..to maintain momentum...All pre internet days...As to the question why did I not go to another place..eady really.. I like you lot..!!! You have interesting bits and Bob's  as well as some stunning items.  Ian thank you for your intercesdence .lol All the above points are all relevant..use it or loose it sums it up totally....I will be pinging  some pics and info about odd bits.. very soon to add my penny worth....I would add as said above ...no one on here will judge a fellow member ...the spoon article says a million things ...its not posh orarm candy but it's a story...so any thing no matter what will be of interest to fellow members not just the glory items...my comment is aimed at new comers and newbies  be proud if your recent purchase don't be shy just because you feel it's not sexy lol..it is your pride and joy ....show us and a final note ..everyone has questions ...and I already see from reading on here there are experts who will be and are happy to help with an option or help and advice ...Some come out from where ever you are...Highlander.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Stuart,

WELCOME...!!!

Great to see you on here at last. Some very nice text from you above and interesting to read.

Yes please send some images of your collection, we all look forward to seeing them on MCN.

I send my very best wishes, and my see you soon, the stnnnn is waiting to hang on your wall....will look fantastic with the FFI flags, I have just got some more very rare ones.

Take Care my friend....Ian/ Desert Rat

2007-11-08 08.16.02-2.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall
5 hours ago, Treedoc said:

Hi,thanks for adding me. Hope the FB mcn survives but just in case,im here

Good to have you here... just wish we could get more of the FB guys back here...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Major General

Really hope more members see the wood for the trees and desert fb 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Bil4338 said:

Really hope more members see the wood for the trees and desert fb 

Qiuite happy with Fb for family and general stuff, but no point spending effort in militaria chat/pics/knowledge when Fb can kill it without right of reply...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Prefer the forum. Facebook gives a lot of grief if things they dont like are posted.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to all for being here.  We've same problem in Italy and we, collectors if WWII militaria, are planning to leave FB.

All the best, Marco

• Like 1