German daggers

Bil4338

• Major General

Here are my only Third Reich period daggers, which I've had for a long time!

Heer officer...

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Kriegsmarine Officers dagger...with internal belt...

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

• Upvote 2

Lovely  daggers Bil, I do like a few nice pointy things, that KM is special, mine had the same belt and hangers but they were lost before it was given to me by my uncle, the dagger came off the PRINZ EUGEN

• Upvote 2

Superb Items that you have....WOW!!!

Would you sell the Kriegsmarine one?

Unbelievable as it is....I was playing with my mates in Springfield Road, in 1958 ish, by the fence that we climbed over to get into the field,when I was about 8 -9 years old and found a very nice item just like this, it was covered in the long grass and I stood on it to get over the fence, had a search picked it up and it was complete - super condition, all the leather belts, the cords in gold, scabbard, all wonderful condition as new.....My mates tried to grab it from me and I fought them off and took the knife out the scabbard and waved it about...they run off and I had the prize! I wore it around my waist tied tighter with string for a few days as I prized it and may mates were very jealous of me...I have no idea how it got there or who threw/ put it or even lost it there...but I was happy as it was now mine!

I had no idea what it was , only that it was a sword??? at my age...took it home cleaned it a bit and sold it for some money 4 years later to buy my first moped/ a Mobylette! ( cost me £15) after days and days potato picking in the fields near my house - from 8 until 6 clock.....2/6d a day in rain wet and mud...!!!

I cannot believe it now as I sold it for 15/- shillings in 1964 to an antique dealer, in today's price probably worth - aaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh...I do not want to think what it could be worth now....!!!  If you are passing my house......please pop in and give me a good smack!!!

mobylette.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Wow...memories from your story alright, tattie howking  and all!sunno where you live, Springfield Road...not in Glasgow by any chance?!

• Upvote 1

Hello Bil,

Thanks for your message, no I live in Edenbridge. Kent.....Sassenach country!!!

My Mum's family came from Ballymena in the mid 1850's, then (whatever one)married a Scotsman with the Clan name "Robertson" which I am Very Proud of using, then my Mum met my Dad in 1945 when he was demobbed from Monty's 21st Army Group, met my Mum at Edinburgh castle when he was on leave (What was my Mum doing at the castle?) I think she hasn't told me all the story! Then married in Edenbridge...in the local church. So, I am a mixed countryman - Part Irish, Scots and English.

My Mum was born in Wishaw/ Motherwell in 1920 now she is 96 and still kicking (ME).....Ayyyyyyy....."Scotland the Brave"!!!

Best wishes to you & all your family for the festive season.....and for more especially ----------Burns Night.

Special image this as it has not been seen by anyone for over 40 + years....!!!....Miss You Dad, as You are My Hero...!!!

Dad at Edinburgh Castle..September 25th..1946.jpg

• Major General

Excellent family history! I have Irish ancestry (surname) and Scots from the Islands and West of Scotland....was at Edinburgh Castle recently also.

• Upvote 1

Stupid as I am....I have never tried Haggis....No I mean a special Scots Haggis....Can they be bought from Scotland and posted down to me...any ideas I thank you ...Would love to try one.....mmmmmmmm what's in it?

• Major General

Not stupid to never try anything...just a tad unadventurous!:D

its offal....oats, tripe and herbs and spices in a sheeps stomach.lovely when done right.ok to post I'd think, and should be available darn sarf....

• Upvote 1

• Major General

And to keep,this strictly on topic, best opened up with a Skian Dhubh....or even better, a Third Reich period dagger!:yes-sir-soldier:

• Upvote 1

I have to admit that I,ve never tried Haggis either and I eat anything thats put in front of me(except tripe)the smell alone makes me gag, so much so I have to have a plate of eels and mash with liqour sauce, to get the smell out of my nose

• Upvote 1

Tell you what Dave, maybe you are right, I would maybe? prefer eels, mash and liquor.mmmmmmmmmmm( or the London/ Sassenach- Food Pie & Mash + Liquor.)....I can taste it now...!!!....Best to you and all your family for the Festive Season.....Have a good Scotch whiskey for me.....or two or three or more....Have a Great Time...!.

• Upvote 1