My WW2 Mid 1941 McChord Fixed bale with excellent Firestone liner

Afrikakorpsrat64

Here it is. Finally got a great liner for it, and have replaced the repro chin straps with nice mint originals.  Fixed bale, heat code puts this one around summer of 1941 on the shell. I just need to find the leather chin strap for the liner.

20170217_113544.jpg

20170217_113603.jpg

20170217_113634.jpg

20170217_113654.jpg

20170217_113805.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

Great Item ....Well Done for finding this!

I leave for France at the end of June for 2-3 months and travel around many (Vide Greniers) boot fairs, Brocantes....there is still so much available to buy, and the price is pretty good.....I hope I find some good rare items (last year in a small town in Normandy - as I was going to Pegasus Bridge - I stopped at a small town, a massive boot sale, and found some WW2 Original Nazi armbands and and S.S. one...and many more all different and all 100% original, and I just bought the Nazi Armband for 40 Euros and left behind the S.S. one...........................ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH....I wont make this mistake again this year!!

Best Wishes Tony to You & Your Family....IanB/ UK......Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

Great Item ....Well Done for finding this!

I leave for France at the end of June for 2-3 months and travel around many (Vide Greniers) boot fairs, Brocantes....there is still so much available to buy, and the price is pretty good.....I hope I find some good rare items (last year in a small town in Normandy - as I was going to Pegasus Bridge - I stopped at a small town, a massive boot sale, and found some WW2 Original Nazi armbands and and S.S. one...and many more all different and all 100% original, and I just bought the Nazi Armband for 40 Euros and left behind the S.S. one...........................ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH....I wont make this mistake again this year!!

Best Wishes Tony to You & Your Family....IanB/ UK......Desert Rat

@Desert Rat, have a great trip and good hunting! Hope you find some nice items! Be sure to share them here! 

all the best! Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Many Thanks Tony,

I will certainly try and find all/ any Nazi / SOE / WW1 & WW2 items...and hopefully let you know on my return.

I found back in 2002 a superb original Fallshcirmjager Helmet, in a boot fair in Frejus, all original interior and with the eagle holding a swastika, the other side the original 3 colour decal, Stamps, numbers etc...I paid 150 Euros = £120.....Sold it to a collector in the USA....£350....Good One...!!!....Best Wishes...Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

I will have to visit my "Heroine" from The Comete Line this year - Michou U******* - she alone took over 300 allied soldiers from Belgium all the way Through France.....They rested in a safe house in Angelet....then she took them over the Mountains / Pyrenees to Freedom in Spain....What a Wonderful Woman and to have met her 3 times was beyond my dreams!....She was only in her teens when she started working for the Belgian Resistance delivering messages with her sister Nadine on a bike....then had the terrible, frightening task to deliver her "Parcel"...To Freedom with her Basques guide Florentino over the mountains in all and every weather, snow, rain, freezing cold, blistering heat of summer.........WOW....What A Woman....!!!!...

My Sincere and Deepest Respect to Her and To ALL "The Comete Line".......My dearest affection to "Lily" ( Her Belgian Code Name) Michou her sister Nadine and to the Founder of "The Comete Line"......Dedee de Jong....The image shows her just before she died and I was on my way to see her at her retirement home in Uccle, Belgium, but my camper had problems in Ypres, and I was only 2 hours away to meet this Exceptionally Brave Woman of WW2.....She died 2 weeks after I returned back to the UK.....I was very, very sad and regret deeply to have lost these most valuable moments with her and to have missed meeting this Lady...One of the True Heroines of  - The Comete Line- and WW2....!!!

Nadine (Michou's sister) middle row third from the left

Dedee is in the front row...second from the left.

Sole Copyright - The Comete Line, Belgium

thumbnail_dedee de jong 90 years old.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

Incredible story @Desert Rat what an honor for you to have known her. Those were some very brave women. Thats a great photo!!

all the best to you my friend!

• Upvote 1

Many Thanks Tony,

I am desperately trying to find the images of me and "Lily"/ Michou from 2 years ago....arghhhhhhhhhhh they are on my laptop somewhere and will add them here when I find them.

Also I met the French Resistance leader, Georges Molles that was a great friend of George Millar (SOE) Who invited me to his house to meet him in Dorset years ago (sadly I could not make it). He was Dropped in the Doubs in 1944 to organise the Maquis in the Besancon area.

And one of of the most Famous SOE agents - Pearl Witherington (Cornioley) at her retirement home at Chateauvieux 4 years ago / or 5 years ago....Lovely, Fantastic and My Exceptional Pleasure to meet her 2 times!

I have had some superb invitations to their houses and I hope as well to visit Madame Molles in Vielliey, this year!

1/ Madame Molles in 2012 with me.....(I will try and find the rest)

Best to you Tony...IanB/ UK

IMGP3268.JPG

• Upvote 1