Some more eye candy

Boonie Stomper

This is my 2nd post as a newbie on this forum.  If you guys out there are anything like me, images like these speed your heart up just a little.

The first image is in honor of my Uncle, who was a bombardier with the 8th AAF out of Thurleigh, UK.  The P.08 he got from a Canadian soldier, who got it while in Italy.

The M1911A1 is a Remington Rand, which are fairly common, but this one's S/N puts it in the 1942-early 43 D.O.M.  It has the Type 2 slide marking & all the other early, matching features.

The Nambu T14 was a gift from a friend, but the other stuff is the result of "Boonie Stomping" as a kid on Pacific islands.

The last image are duplicates except for the Spree Werke P.38, all matching!  The vet who brought it back was my Uncle's business partner; he gave it to my Uncle, who gave it to me, along with "bring back papers".  

I was able to fire all of these, just to say that I did.  They aren't fired anymore.

Brun FM Luger 7 best.JPG

1911A1 & acc. (best).JPG

Bru Saipan 011 Nambu T 14.jpg

Collection (best).JPG

Edited by Boonie Stomper
Forgot the last line.
  • Upvote 2

WOW.....Very Nice!......I had the chance to buy a Luger when I was in the Gaza Gun Club.....Yes when it was all legal, and I had the Firearms Licence...It was WW2 and lovely condition, I didnt really know much about them then, but I think the collector wanted £150...It was superb and with all the documents from where it came from etc.

Instead of that I asked him if he had any other items and he offered me a Uzi.....mmmmm. But in the end I bought a "Dirty Harry" 8/3/8th S & W, and a .38 Saturday Night Special S & W....But the .44 Magnum was so powerful with factory loads it could literally (if you are not standing correctly) knock you off your feet/ balance. As happened to a guy who wanted to try mine...so I gave him x6 that I had loaded - medium ...OK no problem!...Then I gave him x6 Factory Loaded ones...the first shot knocked him off balance and I grabbed him quick...took the gun off him, then he said that was enough for him!!!

Some really "hot" magnum firearms really are not much fun to go plinking with.  I suppose in a "it's him or me" combat situation, the pain is worth it just to have more lead going against you assailant.  I have never been in that situation, but I have fired a .44 mag and it's not pleasant.  I prefer my Beretta 92FS 9x19mm hand gun which some disparage as being wimpy.  Maybe, but if I am unable to discourage an opponent with up to 15 rounds of 9 mm jacketed hollow points, I don't even deserve to be using a firearm.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Try firing a sten gun.....One was found in HQ of the French Resistance in the Ardeche, France.....When the farmer decided to re-roof the barn the builders found a superb sten, all complete..and it fires wonderful...!!!

9 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Try firing a sten gun.....One was found in HQ of the French Resistance in the Ardeche, France.....When the farmer decided to re-roof the barn the builders found a superb sten, all complete..and it fires wonderful...!!!

I once had the opportunity of firing both a full-auto M16 & an MP5 (also auto).  It must be an acquired skill, because muzzle control was difficult.  Kind of like "pray & spray".  I could never afford to feed one anyway.  They go through expensive ammunition very quickly.

Finding a firearm in an old building would be a dream.  I knew of a guy here that found a single action Army Colt revolver; also in an old barn.

• Upvote 1

Yes the sten was great to fire but the mag (I think) held x32  9mm....gone in seconds!...shame that some old war films cannot depict the rounds fired.....as in the film "Carve Her Name With Pride" about Violet Szabo (Bushell)....as Heroic and Brave as she was as an SOE agent, she must have used many mags in her sten, but as far as I could see she fired only part or a whole mag?

Edited by Desert Rat

This sten I fired was owned by a Firearms dealer and was there when I fired it...Fully Licenced etc in France 2003

Edited by Desert Rat

12 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

This sten I fired was owned by a Firearms dealer and was there when I fired it...Fully Licenced etc in France 2003

The same is true with the M16 & MP5 that I fired.  It was a place in Las Vegas that legally owned them and charged you $$$ to shoot them.  Here in the colony these are known as Class III weapons, and they can be legally owned by a citizen but so few are available that the price & license are very expensive.  Or you can join the armed services and they let you use one for free & even buy your bullets.  What  deal!!

Is that you in the photo?

• Upvote 1

Yep that's me....great to fire though and even better to know the French Resistance used it in many ambushes and fire fights against the enemy!

Edited by Desert Rat

• Major General
15 hours ago, Boonie Stomper said:

The same is true with the M16 & MP5 that I fired.  It was a place in Las Vegas that legally owned them and charged you $$$ to shoot them.  Here in the colony these are known as Class III weapons, and they can be legally owned by a citizen but so few are available that the price & license are very expensive.  Or you can join the armed services and they let you use one for free & even buy your bullets.  What  deal!!

Is that you in the photo?

Battlefield Vegas by any chance? I know there are a few, but I fired a few classic weapons there on vacation.the highlight of my stay.thompson..mg34..ak47..glock17..m.1911..browning 1919 .30..mp.40..Stg.44..Luger....spent a bloody fortune but worth every penny!!

• Upvote 1

Yes Bil,

I have fired many weapons....not such an array as you have, but all exciting for shooting! Shame as such that the Police in the UK...had me surrender them all + the ammo etc..But now days as we all know with many hostile actions, maybe the Police / Home Office had very good reasons..!!!

Bil4338,

Don't remember the name of the place, but it was very expensive.  Worked out to about $1US/ round.  Two magazines, 20 rounds each.  $40 gone in just a few seconds!  You can't take it with you....

• Upvote 1

WOW Boonie.....That's expensive, but sure you had some pleasure from it, as all gun enthusiasts get...yyyyyyeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh....!!!

Edited by Desert Rat

• Major General

The Stg 44 was even dearer...$65 cos it's 7.92 Kurz...suppose harder to get the ammo or just dearer. Worth it for such an iconic and scarce weapon!

it was either that or go to Syria...?

• Upvote 1

Hello Bil...Sorry dont know what a stg 44 is.....but $65 is that just to fire so many rounds?......Best to you & Your Family...Have a Good easter Weekend...Desert Rat

Hey Boonie,

Is that your Uncles actual Cap and medals....that you have.....?

Well incredible to have so much left from a family member....especially as I can see he was a Bombardier in the 8th USAAF.....A Hero, As Well as All the 8th USAAF,....During their Daylight Raids over Germany....Frightening, dangerous, horrific, but such Courageous "Boys" and Men.....We Remember Them, as over 155, 000 were Killed..!!!

WW 1 & 2 PHOTOS FOR STORY 044.jpg

On 4/12/2017 at 12:58, Desert Rat said:

...Sorry dont know what a stg 44 is...

x

Edited by Bill in VA
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Bill....For letting us know...Best to You...!....Desert Rat

On 4/6/2017 at 01:34, Boonie Stomper said:

x

x

Edited by Bill in VA
  • Upvote 2