Facebook Jail

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Sigh, I'm in Facebook jail for the following post. It's a vintage toy FFS,  it I made the fatal mistake of posting a pic of a "gun" and presumably mentioning the word "sale".

I despair about FB, I see some outrageous posts, pro Nazi, terrorism, torture etc. that get away with it, and I get a ban for maybe selling a toy gun?? ?

IMG_2291.PNG

• Upvote 2

Make a formal complaint, list all the things that FB have posted in the past, reiterate the fact that this is a childrens toy gun, that has no possibility of being converted to fire live rounds, and that you want someone who understands the differences about real weapons and toys to re examine your temporary ban. Insist that they do their homework before issuing a ban to someone and not act on a knee jerk basis

• Upvote 2

Hello,

Well, as we all know since the Gun Laws were passed so long ago, I was ordered to deliver x4 handguns + 2, 000 rounds of ammo( .44 magnum-copper jacket hollow point(we all know what this damage it can do to a human with a full factory load----if you have never fired one- dont make a comment unless you know!! ) a 357 Magnum etc to Sevenoaks Police station....There is no room for error anymore as I can now see how real (right or wrong) metal replica's/ plastic / resin/ cast guns etc....look real to the Policemen/Policewoman, if seen with one, or waving it about as a young girl at Sevenoaks some years ago did ...was shot and killed by the Police.

If you were a Police Officer and was confronted by this Idiot holding a gun/ real/imitation/ plastic/ resin..........would YOU give them a second chance (but for me you dont have to kill the person) just shoot him in the legs ?......Then Maybe the problem resolved...??? It is very difficult to say...But for a collection???

well that sucks. don't drop the soap in the prison shower @Lenny .HAHA well I think this whole thing stinks but what can you do it's facebook rules. I don't agree but I don't make the rules for facebook

• Upvote 2

In reply to Desert Rats post,,,, I was a Police officer and a firearms trained officer as well, We used either a S&W 357 or my weapon which was a Ruger 357 with combat grips. Unfortunately when you are faced with someone with a gun, you have a duty to protect public and fellow officers. This means you are trained to shoot at centre mass, namely the chest area and fire two shots which should stop a person from using their weapon against you or anyone else , you cannot afford to shoot and only injure as that could mean the difference between your life or someone elses, there have been incidents whereby a police officer only injured a gun wealding suspect and was seriously hurt by return fire. You cannot differenciate between who is the person using the weapon, a man, woman or even a youth, but everything is done to try and talk that person down, its only when that person makes the choice to use his or her weapon or make direct threats to kill that you are required to take action. In a perfect world if you have to shoot at someone then a shot to the arm would be ideal, but again this could be the one time that your life could end. We were "taught" that if dealing with a person with a shotgun in a confined space, ie , a room and he half turned towards you ,you shoot and shoot to kill, because if he has half turned on you or another, you or that other person will be hit with the spread of the shot. All I can say is that when you are faced with a situation like that, there is one thing going through your mind, going home that day without any holes in you and if that means someone ends up on a slab it has to be the other person, that is the difference between a casual gun shooting owner and a Police officer trained to shoot for a cause, Its not a nice thing to face as you are not shooting at a distance but close up and you can see the aftermath close at hand, and if you do shoot someone, the jobby storm that results has to be seen to be believed

• Upvote 3

My Apology Dave.....I have never been in that decisive position, so I have no reason to comment...But Thank you for you putting me straight on this as I have never like many Policemen/ Policewomen been faced with this serious situation. I understand exactly what you say...and I am Grateful for your time and for me to understand this better.....Best wishes & Thank You....IanB

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
On 15/03/2017 at 17:32, Davejb said:

Make a formal complaint, list all the things that FB have posted in the past, reiterate the fact that this is a childrens toy gun, that has no possibility of being converted to fire live rounds, and that you want someone who understands the differences about real weapons and toys to re examine your temporary ban. Insist that they do their homework before issuing a ban to someone and not act on a knee jerk basis

The problem is, you can't debate with FB. They have a box that says "tick this if you think this decision is wrong", you do it, and then they just say "Thank you for your feedback" It's totally one sided....

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

As @Davejb says, shooting to wound is only for the movies. I was a Police SOCO, and whilst I was a civilian, I used to photograph the aftermath of police shootings. You get a split second, and whatever way it goes, it's a tricky business.

• Upvote 2

Yes to you all.....as difficult as the situation presents itself....No choice only to preserve your own life and that of others if confronted with a person facing you with a gun...or replica.....!!!

• Major General

I've read about this so many times...you shoot at the centre mass..double tap in case the first round doesn't incapacitate the felon.even then, it can take several rounds to drop someone, who may be able to take substantial punishment due to body mass/adrenaline/intoxication/calibre of rounds used/weapon type etc etc.there are no easy remedies in a situation like this...not that I've ever experienced any..and wouldn't want to either, at least, not in this country!

• Upvote 1

Hello To You All,

My apology to you ALL.....It seems a contrarversial? subject....So I understand what you all have explained...Thank you!

Thanks Dave...I realise my mistake..........when one is confronted with a person determined to kill/ shoot/ above all kill any member of my family..under these circumstances....Yes I would have to shoot and whatever ...to care and protect those I love...Desert Rat

• 3 weeks later...

It is since the tragic murder of the Heroic PC Keith Palmer, who was stabbed to death at the gates of Parliament, attacked by a madman waving around a knife....that the Government should consider the fact.....Why was this Policeman NOT armed?...Being in a strategic position protecting this House of the Government, at least he would have had a very good chance of defeating the assassin .....Had he been armed...It could have saved his life...."We Remember You"!!!

Well Lenny,

You are in Facebook Jail.....I am In Ebay Jail for selling WW1 German WOODEN Handles...How ridiculous this is all becoming, as I phoned ebay and explained THEY WERE WOOD, they then told me .... "They were dangerous items and breach the safety rules"....Hence a 30 day ban from selling anything???

What about the shell cases sold across the world on EBast***s....anyone could make a bomb out of those hundreds for sale....I try and sell a wooden handle which can only be used as a dangerous weapon if I hit the BIG BOSS OF EBAY ACROSS THE HEAD.....!!!

DSC_0001.JPG

Edited by Desert Rat

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fred Karno's Army

Reading these reasons makes my latest 7 day ban from Facebook look lame !. I mean I only posted a picture of my three testicles !.  W.   Anchors xD

Ha Ha Ha,,,Super Len..Another one in Facebolll****cks Jail...They are useless....!!!

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Worse than useless mate !. I mean I'm sure @Lenny wouldn't ban me for posting my third ball pic here :$:D.

Yeh Exactly......MCN is Brilliant for any Postings...!

By the way ...".I am a Hero With Shaky Legs"...!!!...More or less the same/...Well Done Spike...We all Miss Your Superb Humour..!

On 4/10/2017 at 18:21, Desert Rat said:

It is since the tragic murder of the Heroic PC Keith Palmer, who was stabbed to death at the gates of Parliament, attacked by a madman waving around a knife....that the Government should consider the fact.....Why was this Policeman NOT armed?...Being in a strategic position protecting this House of the Government, at least he would have had a very good chance of defeating the assassin .....Had he been armed...It could have saved his life...."We Remember You"!!!

What should be asked is how is it that he was wearing a stab proof vest yet was still stabbed in the chest, was it defective, are they insufficient protection, should they have extra steel plates added. When I was a copper we did,nt have them. Firearms officers could be issued with bullet proof vests but these were not complete protection. The only ones that were were solid full body armour which covered your whole chest area right down to your waist, then if you wanted you could have added cup armour for your fragile bits down below, but these were bloody heavy and wore you out if worn for any length of time. CID officers could wear a form of bullet proof vest under their civilian clothing, but again it was a lightweight version. What the police should have is the latest military body armour, I think its called "Dragon" vest, knife proof and bullet proof

• Upvote 2

Exactly Dave.....Many thanks for your information