Help identifying a Kukri

Ulfrekr950

Hi all, picked up a kukri at a market last year and I'm looking to get an idea of its history and possibly a valuation. Like most finds the scabbard was rotted to hell, and it appears to be missing one of the two smaller knives that usually accompany it. 
Thanks in advance!

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

• Upvote 1

The main problem with these is that there are some that are marked WD and many that are not. Thats not to say they are not real or wartime produced or even handed down from one Gurkha to a son or relative. The handle can tell quite a bit about the knife itself. If its to decorative with awkward looking points to it , it could be one thats made for the tourists, even at the end of the war. I have two, both with scabbards, one of which is leather bound ,the other Khaki material, some had a cloth material that was a canvas type . The construction of the whole knife has to look like its meant to do the job. Some are marked with  "Guaranteed  Best Steel". Its very hard to tell which ones actually served in combat, especially when buying from market traders, so many were later made just to sell to punters. also the skinning knives that fit into the sheath have to look like they are capable of skinning and just not blunt pieces of metal with a small wooden handle. Also these knives were sharpened with a stone out in the field not on a grinder. If the edge looks to uniform there could be doubt as to being real, they should also retain there very sharp edge, enough to cleanly cut through paper, At least thats what I was told by a Gurkha Corporal 

• Downvote 1

Many Thanks Dave for your knowledge on these items...very useful now and if I buy one!

Best Wishes...Desert Rat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,....DaveJB is and expert on many items....I am sorry I cannot help you..D/ Rat...Follow him and his very kind to  offer his knowledge about war items to everyone,,,,Thanks Davejb