The Great War Heritage Project opening

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Well, a few faces on here some of you may recognise @Norrie couldn't make you look any thinner mate unfortunately, they say the camera puts on 10lbs :D:P

The Great War Heritage Project launch evening in April.

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1961.PNG

IMG_1962.PNG

IMG_2259.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• 1 month later...
Guest Fred Karno's Army

Cheers mate, the hard work is done thankfully and we are doing good with visitor numbers so onwards and upwards !.

• 3 months later...
  • Major General

Ive been up a couple of times. Always enjoyed the museum and seeing my old matey too

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Cheers Waff always a pleasure to have you mate :D. We are on the wind down on the season now closing armistice day Sun the 12th of November, and reopening next easter date to yet be confirmed.

I would like to say it will give us a chance to wind down, but we now have more volunteers on board and already planning the new exhibits for next year. 2017 has been a fantastic first year for the project and hopefully 2018 will be more of the same. 

:waving-soldier:

Many Congratulations Len for Your project - THE GREAT WAR HERITAGE PROJECT - Wonderful it went so well, great images and video for us all to see on MCN....Best Wishes & Thank You All

Desert Rat

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello Len,

How are you it's been a long time, I did phone you and try and find out if all was Ok and why you wasn't on MCN as you suddenly disappreared?

I hope you and your family are well and Very Best Wishes to You ALL.....for 2018.

IanB/ Desert Rat

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Major General

Whats the latest on this?  I heard that the project closed?

• Like 1

Hello Waff,

I really don't know what is happening with this...It was great, super items and a wonderful collection, maybe message Paul and ask him.

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

• Major General

Tough one to find is Paul. Lemme make some enquiries

• Like 1

Hello Waff,

You should be able to find him, Imaybe through the message or e-mail address....I if I find it I will let you know.

Best to you......Desert Rat/ Ian

• Major General

Been in touch. The museum tits up at the moment. Items in storage :(

• Like 1

Hello Waff,

OHHHHH.....Thats such a terrible shame as Paul or Len? made such a magnificent display for all to see. I wonder what has happened to it all?

Best to you...Desert Rat

• Field Marshall

Shame... any chance Paul would come back to the forum, not FB, just in here?

• Like 1

Hello Waff,

Yes I hope you can get Paul your mate to somehow reopen his display...real shame at this time as probably the rent, taxes etc have stopped him.

Good Luck & Best Wishes to you & Paul....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1

Hi There,

Paul is on his hols at the moment...due back this week sometime.....he might well come back to MCN...if it livens up a bit...:)

It was through no fault of Pauls, that the Heritage Collection closed down and was put into storage...I was a trustee of said collection...BUT, I'll let him tell the story of its demise...I do know however its 100% certain it wont be re opening...which is a shame...:(

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lenny said:

Shame... any chance Paul would come back to the forum, not FB, just in here?

Might do Lenny...if it got a bit busier...TBH, Him, me , and a few others  spent weeks talking to ourselves...we all thought it was a great place ( some still do) but as you know, it needs help in growing...

• Like 1

Hello Norrie,

I commend you in being a trustee of this superb collection and to assist Paul...You have all done a GREAT job in promoting this excellent WW1 Museum.

We all hope he will come back to MCN ...but most of all to get his brilliant collection back on the road again.

Very Best to you and Paul......Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello to you all,

Just to mention when Paul disappeared off MCN.....I tried to phone him but no answer, tried to message him but no answer...so I understand that maybe due to difficult circumstances and all his effort, time and devotion...He was well pissed off with everything?

We want to see you back here Paul...Our Best Wishes we All send to You & Your Family.

See YOU Back on Here Soon....!

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian