ww2 German SC 50 kg

Waffenamt

• Major General

One of my favourite items. Restored 50 kg complete with tail fins and a gorgeous fuze sourced from a good pal.

The case has been talcum powdered to show the nice acceptance stampings before and aft of the fuze pocket.

Known as a 'Spreng Cylindrisch' or thin walled/shrapnel bomb

Was the commonest of airdropped ordnance by the Luftwaffe i believe.

@Satan1800

DSCF0073.JPG

DSCF0075.JPG

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

• Major General

Here are better pics of the fuze grouping.

Came from a pal in Manchester and i believe its an ex BD officers first fuze he de-activated as the original locking rings are early (stamped with the Luftwaffe waffenamt stamp if you look closely)

Original gaine came with it too,so it shall grace this SC50 and kept together as a grouping.

Its a Type 15 direct impact fuze,fully inerted.

Made in 1939 from Rheinmetall-Borsig,who are incidentally still going as a military company.

DSCF0079.JPG

DSCF0080.JPG

DSCF0081.JPG

Very familiar and one nice marked case ,there and incedently ,not to far from me at the Stratford Olympic park there is an observation tower which was all made of tubing and very high indeed ,which has been converted into a reastuarant now I beleive ,and guess who manufactured it yep Rheinmetall

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Pleased as punch with the fuze grouping too my old friend.

Safe to say that this 15 suited this dated case? @Satan1800

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Cheers Lenny,

These sort of items always float my boat after the series 'Danger UXB' all those years ago.

Especially pleased about the fuze grouping to be honest. Icant recall seeing a set of locking rings with such a nice crisp Lufty waffenamt stamp.

• Upvote 1

• Major General
4 hours ago, Lenny said:

I loved Danger UXB.... Gonna watch it again...

I had a weekend sesh on the box set recently and has re-ignited my interest in collecting BD stuff for my small upcoming display. Cant wait for the quilter key to arrive this week...:P

• Upvote 1

• Major General
12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Nice one... Got to be rare???

The one im getting highly likely post war,but yes i reckin very scarce and indeed used for the same job as wartime?

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30023914

mines boxed as well. From a great pal too.

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Jeeeezzzz, that's some piece of ordnance Waffy!

how in the name did you get it delivered? Thought the Luftwaffe was finito...9_9

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Originally delivered by the Luftwaffe indeed Bill! Was quite a while ago of course har-de-har!:P

Sold one not so long ago as it was an early(1936) 50 kilo. I prefer wartime dated items.

Will show some more asap as soon as my memory card arrives for the digi-cam i was kindly given t'other day.

wait til you see the 500kg parked in my back garden:D

• Upvote 1