M40 SD Heer from KIA soldier

Afrikakorpsrat64

I got this M40 Single decal Heer through some finagling for the funds by trading,lol some times its hard to get what you want when you dont have the cash at hand! but I am very happy with it. This was , I believe a "Corpse cut off" only my second vet bring back like this, the last one was back in the late '70's had Normandy cammo and a better liner. This one has heavy blood stained liner and tells its own story. Still a decent decal left on it. Its a Quist 64 shell. 

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Can you confirm the colour of the liner pins, to me they appear bluish, perhaps its the light, also have you checked the interior position of the pins, ie fully flush with the liner band, there appears to be a lot of play in at least one pin as there is a distinct rust ring that appears bigger than the pin, it could be that the pin has been removed at one time, replaced but not fully bent into place or it could have just become loose over time, apart from that its a nice honest been there helmet with a fair decal

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Can you confirm the colour of the liner pins, to me they appear bluish, perhaps its the light, also have you checked the interior position of the pins, ie fully flush with the liner band, there appears to be a lot of play in at least one pin as there is a distinct rust ring that appears bigger than the pin, it could be that the pin has been removed at one time, replaced but not fully bent into place or it could have just become loose over time, apart from that its a nice honest been there helmet with a fair decal

Liner pins match the helmet color exactly.  Also they are quite tight and look proper inside, take into account that this soldier was most likely killed by a grenade or some other cuncussion witch would loosen any ones lid, but it is still quite tight. From my 40 plus years experience this helmet is unmessed with. And an estate vet bring back. Decal is 100 % authentic as well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Liner pins match the helmet color exactly.  Also they are quite tight and look proper inside, take into account that this soldier was most likely killed by a grenade or some other cuncussion witch would loosen any ones lid, but it is still quite tight. From my 40 plus years experience this helmet is unmessed with. And an estate vet bring back. Decal is 100 % authentic as well. 

The bend in liner is period damage.

• Upvote 1

I,m not doubting the helmets authenticity nor the decal, I was pointing out the loseness of one pin, and you have accounted for that, also the colour of the pins could account for the lighting effect which you have again explained, the liner was not an issue its a battle damaged interior and as you stated blooded and you are more than correct about a possible corpse cut strap, there was no crititism involved, just observations and like you I have 50 years of collecting

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Davejb said:

I,m not doubting the helmets authenticity nor the decal, I was pointing out the loseness of one pin, and you have accounted for that, also the colour of the pins could account for the lighting effect which you have again explained, the liner was not an issue its a battle damaged interior and as you stated blooded and you are more than correct about a possible corpse cut strap, there was no crititism involved, just observations and like you I have 50 years of collecting

Thanks @Davejb, no I saw that ,no problems, thanks for your comments.  That's what it's all about. I'm stressed at work so it may have come out in my comments sorry! :)

• Upvote 1

No probs mate, I know stress I,ve been married for over 40 years!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Davejb said:

No probs mate, I know stress I,ve been married for over 40 years!!!!!!!

xD

• Upvote 1

Nice One Dave....I haven't been married and I am stressed at NOT being married......Maybe I am normal....Maybe Not....???

• Upvote 1