Dummy US pineapples

Afrikakorpsrat64

I have reworded this post as it was a bit miss leading before. These came from a friend of mine and are just put togethers for disdplay. The bodies are WW2 C (The Crane Co.). And they are green for the display. Thanks

20170514_134955.jpg

Edited by Afrikakorpsrat64
  • Upvote 1

Superb Items and Looking Great...Well Done...Perfect...Best to You...Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

Theres something about a nice pair of pineapples, shame I have only one but its a real corker, sent to me as a gift from a now deceased friend for a part restoration on a M42 liner and tighten up and removal of some grease type crap that someone coated the whole liner with

• Upvote 1

These were a gift as well. My friend Ed repainted them. These also have the perverbial hole in the bottom. I'll try to share what remains of the fuses when I get a chance. California law is a tricky thing with this stuff.

• Upvote 1

Mines a solid bottom , thats why I like it, its a shame these holes are drilled 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 18:44, Davejb said:

Mines a solid bottom , thats why I like it, its a shame these holes are drilled 

I agree @Davejb, I think mine may have been practice? the fuzes look decat, the grenade bodies are both C marked, not sure what era the fuzes are but it all makes for a nice display! :)

20170528_132348.jpg

20170528_132504.jpg

20170528_132525.jpg

20170528_132611.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

For WWII authenticity they should have any of the M10 series fuzes fitted, M12 is 1950's era and the M228 is modern. Practice grenade bodies are called the M21 and had the hole in the bottom, they would have been blue coloured.

• Upvote 2

On 6/24/2017 at 01:16, Private Joker said:

For WWII authenticity they should have any of the M10 series fuzes fitted, M12 is 1950's era and the M228 is modern. Practice grenade bodies are called the M21 and had the hole in the bottom, they would have been blue coloured.

My apologies @Private Joker, I should have titled and worded my posting differently as these are just put together dummys for display purpose, to give the look and feel of a grenade to people that come to my house who have never seen one. Thanks for your info though as it will be helpful to those that dont know. Its a good Topic discussion . Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

My apologies @Private Joker, I should have titled and worded my posting differently as these are just put together dummys for display purpose, to give the look and feel of a grenade to people that come to my house who have never seen one. Thanks for your info though as it will be helpful to those that dont know. Its a good Topic discussion . Cheers!

Thanks again for your info

• Upvote 1

Very nicely done Tony...Looks good to me...I cant tell the difference, but as you said they are "Dummy" grenades, non the less nice!......Best to you IanB/ UK