Manchester bombing

Davejb

Well, what do you say, an absolutley  atrocious act of cowardice, resulting in youngsters being killed and many more injured, This has got to stop, the Government should re-instate capitol punishment for terrorists and planners. For too long we have had to endure terrorists both home grown and foreign. Its high time we get tough on these bastards, they have no respect for any human life, they go against their own doctrine and beliefs. Its nothing more than barbarism, Sod it, if they want to meet their maker we should help them along with their requests, This is,nt a political statement its one where I have seen to much death and destruction over the years, its bad enough that so many people have to die in all the wars and conflicts over the past 100 years, but  to have these morons kill people in the name of their prophet or whatever God, beggars belief, and brings about a mistrust of all the good people of that particular belief. The police and Government can and should impose special powers that would clamp down on groups of this nature,, relocate them to their country of origin, or parents origin. Anyone inciting terrorists beliefs should be automatically sent to prison for life with no parole, assets seized, or sent back to their own countries without this course of due process that allows them to stay here and walk free until a court case can be brought

• Upvote 4

A Most Terrible act of atrocity again....I commend Dave for his words. I just sit in shock at this another horrific slaughter as well as young children!

This world never gets any better, Is there an answer for mankind, there must be, there must be a hope for us, this planet is all we have....Why cannot these World Leaders realise this and try and work together? Think of all those hundreds of thousand dying every year - through malnutrition, lack of water, no hygiene, no medication, no food...Yes we have it very fortunate in the Western world, time the Governments gave some of their trillions in making war and selling arms ---to consider those who need it Most.( Do individual persons worth millions/ billions need all this money...Just Complete Utter Greed and Selfishness...!!!

This could be the 3rd World War we all have faced in years past and in nearly every European Country, the USA etc etc..the list worldwide is endless, where these may strike next with untold death and killing/ murder who knows?

My deepest Sympathy goes to all who were killed, those in hospital and those families left to suffer the shock, the heartache and tears....!

Also to add.....Very Sincere Thank You to ALL....Of the Police Forces, The Fire & Rescue Units, The Doctors and Hospital Staff...and All I have Forgotten, who gave their time prayers and tears to those who were killed. 

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

You speak how many of us feel, here in the US as well. My thoughts are with you all. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Major General

It needs politicians with scruples and a massive set of balls to do something concrete about all this jobby...something to counter all the empty platitudes and general handwringing which we see whenever an event such as this occurs, and which turns my stomach as much as the barbarity itself.

what bloody use are candles flowers and tribute concerts ffs, we need ACTION!?

• Upvote 2

Well Bil,

I don't get involved in politics, but I agree with some things you have said....Flowers, candles, prayers etc are all very sincere and tributes spoken and given are indications that WE the people Care...It seems that the officials of each and every country facing these horrific, barbaric actions of ceaseless murder & killing...should hunt down and these killers most definitely be brought to JUSTICE....MMMMmmmmm (What is the Justice in this world?) as it now distinctly demonstrates by ALL Countries/ Governments/ Presidents/ Prime Ministers/ King & Queens/ Rulers/ Officials that they have NO answer ....Now we all seeThere Isn't ANY Justice at ALL....!!!

• 2 weeks later...

In Oz we have so far remained free of the major terrorist attacks seen by other countries and the thing that I fear is the unbridled, unthinking hate that such incidents breed. It was good to read Dave's passionate, but balanced comments. My experience of the general Muslim population is that they too are horrified and if we all, Muslim and Christian alike, begin to hate without reason, then we are helping the terrorists achieve their objective. Our leaders have no answers and generally I believe that they are morally corrupt anyway. So I suppose it remains as it has always been, the leaders will prevaricate and the innocent will suffer. If they actually had a good plan would I re-enlist? ... damn right I would!

• Upvote 1