US Navy M1 helmet - named

Schwerpunkt

This one came with the dog tags and the 'certificate'.

The helmet belonged to Quentin Rice Cowman , the name is inbetween the numbers on the front of the helmet. The same 77 is written in pencil on the front of the liner.

Note the spelling mistake on the 'certificate' Cowan instead of Cowman.

usnm1 002.jpg

usnm1 003.jpg

usnm1 004.jpg

usnm1 005.jpg

usnm1 006.jpg

usnm1 007.jpg

usnm1 008.jpg

usnm1 009.jpg

usnm1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Absolutely Superb.... and with all the markings and documents.....Excellent.....Desert Rat

Thanks I also like it very much. I wish I could somehow get to the soldier's records but with Navy personnel it's different than with army personnel.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Yes it's superb and to own it also.....If you like my comments please click the box...on the right at the bottom.

Best to you & Well Done in finding this......Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

I come to Belgium every year...to visit the battlefields and friends.... where do you live?

IanB/ UK....Desert Rat

1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

I come to Belgium every year...to visit the battlefields and friends.... where do you live?

IanB/ UK....Desert Rat

I live smack in the middle of the country more or less , to the north of Brussels. No battlefields here although the British fought near Leuven (which is 14 km from where I live) when the Germans invaded Belgium in May but it was more a withdrawal battle.

Did I press the right button ? ;-)

• Upvote 1

Yes you pressed the right button..Thanks.......I have friends in Wavre near Bruxelles? and all over Belgium & I see every year in Frejus where I stay for 3 months on holiday!

I hope you are OK....So Best wishes & Thank you..!!!

Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

I go to the Wavre fair almost every month , it is a great fair to go to. But my French sucks ;-) I live in the Flemish speaking part of Belgium.

• Upvote 1

Many Thanks for the info.....My French is S***T but I try, where is this in Wavre....as my friends live there and I can pop down one day...What Day is it on and when?

Best to you...Desert Rat

Hello.....Thanks ...Press the button please if you like what I say ..Many thanks Ian/ UK....What is your name?

Take care.....Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

My name is Frank ;-)

The fair is every 1st Saturday of the month. Before noon. They have coffee , soup and sandwiches and a place to sit and chat. One of the only fairs I visit except for Ciney.

• Upvote 1

Many Thanks for that Franck,

I hope to get there one day In September on my way back to the UK....Best to you...Ian