DAK M35 Luftwaffe helmet and cufftitle

Schwerpunkt

Here's one I picked up many years ago.

EF64 double decal Luftwaffe, the decals can be seen under the paint.

The cufftitle I added later

efdak 001.jpg

efdak 002.jpg

efdak 003.jpg

efdak 004.jpg

efdak 005.jpg

efdak 006.jpg

• Upvote 3

These items are SUPERB!......Well Done in Finding Them....Best to You IanB

• Upvote 2

You cant get much more authentic than that, excellent piece

• Upvote 2

Hello Davejb,

How right you are....I am not really interested in helmets but this one is excellent as you say! Wonder what (if for sale) what it would cost?

Best Wishes to you & all your family

Ian/ Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

How much DAK paint is left sets the price , personally for a DAK I prefer an M35.

A requirement today for me for camo-ed helmets is the visibility of the decals (if the helmet would have them , but only from late 1943 decal application stopped , but also M35 reissued no decals exist).

Still they are expensive so traces of a decal for me are a must. I use my USB scope on them and it is possible to authenticate a decal from only the tiniest spot.

I think in this condition this M35 would be 1800$ easily but most I see are up to 2000$ and over.

Edited by Schwerpunkt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely Superb Item....WOW!.....$2000....Love to buy it but off to France for 3 months tomorrow....I hope to find some good items at Vide Greniers (boot sales) and Brocantes. as I have found before - French Resistance Radio( all original I have x1 left extremely rare --I paid 15 euros = sold for £195), Nazi armband, gold oak leaves, swastika (cost me 30 euros= £25)-----sold for £150...all original and very rare! and many other items that the French don't seem to realize the price they sell for Worldwide to collectors!

Well hope to find more as I stupidly missed in a Normandy boot fair  - an SS flag pennant for a car - aaaaaarghhhhhhhh....He wanted 30 euros= £25...and I said NO.....What an Idiot I am...You only get x1 chance to buy....BUY IT!!!

Also I have a mate in France who has the original SS 1936....camelflague?  smock.(and numbered 1).....I could have bought this 5 years ago as he wanted 300 euros....I hope to see him soon and get all he has some superb helmets/ all original Canadian/ British/ USA..and all stamper & original liners....I will see what I can do....These will all be for sale as I don't collect...only French Resistance items.

But I do sell these WW1 German Sticks...Very rare as Marked!

Best Wishes....Desert Rat

DSC_0004.JPG.d68bfbdbbfc063a4ab96e4b5f0750dff.JPG

• Upvote 2

May see you when I return to the UK in September???? As I go to meet friends in Wavre...I think near you? Please let me know...Many Thanks Desert Rat/ Ian

8 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

May see you when I return to the UK in September???? As I go to meet friends in Wavre...I think near you? Please let me know...Many Thanks Desert Rat/ Ian

Drop me a message if you're in the country. It's nice if you can do a lot of fairs. Especially in France. A lot is still discovered in France. I have bought most of my stuff online when the euro was still strong against the dollar (2011 and earlier) ,nowadays I buy in Belgium but not online anymore.

• Like 1

Many Thanks to you for your reply.....I will see how it goes and may be able to see your collection? I think in September/ October there is a massive arms fair in...Cieney??? where is that please?

Best to you...Ian

• Upvote 1

Ciney is not that far from where you are then , for me it is at least a 1 hour drive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 03/07/2017 at 17:47, Schwerpunkt said:

How much DAK paint is left sets the price , personally for a DAK I prefer an M35.

A requirement today for me for camo-ed helmets is the visibility of the decals (if the helmet would have them , but only from late 1943 decal application stopped , but also M35 reissued no decals exist).

Still they are expensive so traces of a decal for me are a must. I use my USB scope on them and it is possible to authenticate a decal from only the tiniest spot.

I think in this condition this M35 would be 1800$ easily but most I see are up to 2000$ and over.

Hi @Schwerpunkt,

That is a great M35 LW tropical painted helmet.

D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Beautiful helmet  @Schwerpunkt! And a true tropical! And on my bucket list, is a Heer to go with my display. I am in the processes of restoring my DAK collection, with much help from @DAK D! I had sold everything off a few years ago at give away prices sadly. :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Tony,

How are you, well I hope. Just wanted to know if you have any more of your collection that you can show us on MCN?

Best Wishes...Ian

PS....I have these for sale (on MCN) but EBY took me off and banned me for 3 days........aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hello There,

How are you keeping? I couldn't get to Wavre as I had to get back to the UK....maybe this year?

I hope you are well, and please show us on MCN if you have some good items from your collection

Many Thanks & Best Wishes.....Desert Rat/ IanB-UK

• Upvote 1

Hello Schwerpunkt,

Is what you have a 100% original AFRIKA cuff title.....As my Dad fought in Tripoli, Libya,...against Rommel's Forces, with the 8th Army under Monty.....I only ask as if you decide to sell it as a memory to my Dad.....how much if you decide to Please?

Best Wishes...IanB/UK

Hello,

I hope you are well, I hope you do not mind me asking - is the Afrika  - armband for sale, as my Dad Fought against Rommel's forces in Libya, Tripoli, Egypt., up through Sicily to Italy....then ordered to return to the UK, (as I would like this as a memento to my Dad)....to prepare for D - Day in which my Dad Landed on Sword Beach in the afternoon of 6th June 1944..what price would you sell it for? to add with my Dear Dad's photo?

Best to you and many thanks....Desert Rat/ IanB-UK

5912125e85757_DAD02.jpg.6fedfe5b10a52bb07da3aeca2823eb6e.jpg

• Upvote 1