german dress sword

uktone

Hi 

I wondered if some one could give me any information and possibly a value on this sword? 

20170710_140956.jpg

20170710_141013.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi, if my information is correct, you have a Carl Eickhorn Field Marshall`series dress sword from the "Scharnhorst" series no/1706, prices are hard to judge and rely on condition of the blade, scabbard, and if any restoration has been made, ie repainted on the scabbard, yours looks pretty well all intact albeit there is some rubbing on the guard, lions head and the eagle motif, The grip wire looks to be all intact and tight but there is a lot of dirt over the ornate metalwork, but this is to be expected. I would say a top end estimate on this would be in the region of £400-500 if everything is in a reasonable condition 

• Upvote 1

Many thanks 

Is it ok to put it up for sale on this forum?

I think it would be a good thing to show the whole blade first plus the general condition of the whole sword before putting it up for sale,, this gives people an idea as to what they would be buying, plus please note I gave an estimate of a top end price, for that it would need to be top end condition, also show the full scabbard as well, bear in mind that other collectors of swords may regard this piece as fair condition and not agree with my estimate which was based on pristine models from the late 70s mid 80s, valued then at £230

It doesn't seem to want to let me post in the for sale section? 

• 2 weeks later...

For sale £375 email me if interested

Aodavies55@btinternet.com

20170710_141013.jpg

20170710_141023.jpg

20170710_141031.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello and thanks for showing us this superb sword......Good ol Dave jb.....He knows more than most/ all of us....Thanks UKtone and Dave...Desert Rat