SD.2 Butterlfy bomb drop containers,

jeeeensy

HI  please enjoy the illusive SD2. AB.70.3  container, hard to find in any condition these days, these will be cleaned and restored to museum quality then end up in a museum somewhere :) probably!! 

P1040622.JPG

P1040623.JPG

P1040624.JPG

P1040616B.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Major General

Indeedy mister Jeeens. very very nice :)

Whats the fuze type?  Im guessing a Type 9?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evening Gents,,  and thank you,,,  ill look at the fuse later Waff, will make a nice close up and post here for you.

• Like 1

It look like its  just the  top part of a fuse as its very thin, the gain would  be located in the container next to the sheer pin connected back to the fuse via a drop lead ( copper wire link cable)  the fuse would trigger the gain the gain would sever the pin and the container open up ,at least that's how it appears. 

IMG_6867.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Ian,  over the Waffenmiester for more..    WAFFFFF....FEEEEEY   you there ???   O.o

• Like 2

• Major General

Yeah,here brotherman. Yes that is the basic release one for this particular container. Thanks for showing it.  Note that there is no particular number on the fuze boss.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • Major General

I have seen a similar fuze for this that was marked '46'  Will dig it out of the collection

• 3 years later...
  • Major General

Just the info im looking for!. I now own the bottom one,and needed stencilling info.

• Major General

Waiting for better temparatures at my workshop,before it goes for an Evaporust dipping. Be next Spring now methinks.

• 4 months later...
  • Major General

Once ive dipped and cleaned this item,what do you boys suggest i do to keep it rust free?

Clear lacquer maybe??

If you must do anything I think a bit of light oiling, can always be removed?

Rich

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Good point.  Still waiting for the weather to break here. Ive noticed the de-rusting works better when my workshop has warmed up. Ive got a show this weekend. Was hoping to take it then,but unlikely.