Hello again...

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Hellooooooooo..... is that an echo? :D

Sorry, I've hardly been on, but it did seem like most members preferred Facebook. Only so many hours in a day and I'm pretty busy with my day job and, to be honest, those scallywags over on the MCN FB groups take a bit of watching. ;)

I'm working my way through this forum though, tidying it up, updating software etc.(it's quite expensive to run actually, so any donations gratefully received.)

This forum isn't disappearing, but I do wonder how busy it ever will be...

Thoughts?

Lenny

• Like 1

Hello Lenny,

Thanks again for all your time and hard work in keeping this Great website going, I am sure I speak for all of the members who visit here!

Not sure about the forum, I think it works well, need more new members and less to go on Facebook...but it's a difficult one, but hope it works out for all of us.

Best Wishes to You & All the MCN Staff

Desert Rat

• Field Marshall
38 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Lenny,

Thanks again for all your time and hard work in keeping this Great website going, I am sure I speak for all of the members who visit here!

Not sure about the forum, I think it works well, need more new members and less to go on Facebook...but it's a difficult one, but hope it works out for all of us.

Best Wishes to You & All the MCN Staff

Desert Rat

I think the issue is, facebook is just so much easier to use, and it's easy to view on your mobile phone. Everybody is more or less there anyway... :(

Yes it looks like that Lenny, most are on facebook...even our small business advertising local shops, pubs, builders etc etc...a few have cancelled and gone on to facebook...???

Don't know what to suggest?

Hope it all comes in better for MCN in the near future.

Best Wishes.....Desert Rat

• Field Marshall

The forum will stay, it started in 1998 and I foolishly let it die in around 2010 or so. Just wasn't busy, and Facebook is so darned prevalent. It costs a bot of money to keep the software up to date, but hey ho... ;)

• Like 1

Great that the  - Forum - will stay Lenny,

That's nearly 20 years...WOW!   Yes I know the software is expensive...too much really!

I wish you well & Thanks again.....Desert Rat

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
On 25/09/2017 at 14:36, Desert Rat said:

Great that the  - Forum - will stay Lenny,

That's nearly 20 years...WOW!   Yes I know the software is expensive...too much really!

I wish you well & Thanks again.....Desert Rat

yeah, such is life.. ;)

• Like 1

• Major General

In the past,ive been a big advocate of a web based forum such as this. As the work season winds down,i can jump back in here. Yes,facebook forums are easier but i think they are gonna tumble.

waffy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
11 minutes ago, Waffenamt said:

In the past,ive been a big advocate of a web based forum such as this. As the work season winds down,i can jump back in here. Yes,facebook forums are easier but i think they are gonna tumble.

waffy

I think if you're discussing ordnance, deacts or nazi items  your'e on borrowed time on FB...

• Major General

Without a doubt Lenny,i saw this coming ages ago. I would be more than happy to come back in here. Granted,im a dope when it comes to uploading pics etc as i use the new PC ,but i suppose i could have the phone open whilst on here? I might do a tester.

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
1 minute ago, Waffenamt said:

Without a doubt Lenny,i saw this coming ages ago. I would be more than happy to come back in here. Granted,im a dope when it comes to uploading pics etc as i use the new PC ,but i suppose i could have the phone open whilst on here? I might do a tester.

I'm guilty as anyone for not being on, but Facebook is so damned convenient. I'll try to be on more and really push it again. I'm updating the sales area at the moment...

• Like 2