Ring (SS)

Bernie

To this day i did not find any ring resembling this one, so my thought is that it's a fake, but one never knows... maybe one of you people can give me some answers about this ring...

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Bernie,

Great ring but I have no knowledge of these, maybe try Google - Images of ss rings - there are dozens on there, have look through and try and find yours. This looks like silver plated, but I could be wrong!

Best Wishes & Good Luck!

Desert Rat

Hello Bernie,

It looks like you ring is on there....exactly the same to me. Click the link below....Best to you  ....Desert Rat

http://privatecollections.ca:8000/WW2-german-nazi-waffen-ss/ww2-german-nazi-waffen-ss-totenkopf-division-skull-original-ring

Yes.....Exactly the same, just checked it!

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

The DRGM registration mark was still being used up until 1952-3, but many of these items were made after the war for the allied troops as souveniers , therefore it can be extremely difficult to authenticate, but I was always taught from  respected dealers that any SS marks inside a triangular motif were in fact fake. Also if you read the  description from the site given by Desert Rat, it quite clearly says "Sold Out" which suggests there were many more for sale and real SS rings are pretty rare to find and cost a fair bit, especially if they have a name inscribed, so I would be wary of buying this type of item based on the information above

• Like 2

I think Dave jb is correct, as I mentioned it should be solid? silver, but it seems to be silver plated?

Many Thanks Dave for your expert knowledge of these rings......Just shows you how we can all be fooled by fakes and the markings of any items!

Edited by Desert Rat

Its not so much expert knowledge, its only what I have picked up over the years from Experts, and collectors who know much more that me, plus reading through the hype of an advert , a lot can be learned from the obvious attempt of someone trying to sell something that common sense tells you does,nt sound right, plus its always that little niggle at the back of your brain that warns you of a fake. But I could be wrong, but its something that personally I would steer clear of, More SS gear is faked than literally anything else  Third Reich related. Personally I have only seen a handful of completely genuine SS rings and they can demand high prices

• Like 2

Thank you very much Davejb,

I appreciate your knowledge and your advice.....Best Wishes to All Your Family...Desert Rat