“Experts” devaluing items

ahrtal

It really is a pain in the arse when one posts a righteous item for sale and some “expert” disses it!  Any potential sales go south, and often, those not wanting to be called out for lack of knowledge, remain silent.  I am about ready to just start my own website to sell my stuff.  Most of my items were direct vet buys back in the ‘60s and early 70s.  If some newly beknighted expert has never seen something before, he should do a bit of research and provide reasons for questioning authenticity.

Don’t know how many of you have experienced this same phenomenon.  Not talking about that buckle, either.   It was a bad day.

• Like 1

On FB in German SS Group.  It is an SS Untersturmführer rank tab.  Came out of Bad Tölz  with a bunch of other stuff ca. 46 years ago.  

Hello Ahrtal,

Thanks for that message...I really dont understand what's happening?

It is just that I have 809  - content count and I was at (I think x7 this week) which has now gone to nothing at all......I really wish someone out there could explain EXACTLY what all this means - Content Count/ Reputation this Month/Forum Posts...???? And what one to do to get a simple award???

Take Care & Very Best to You....IanB/UK

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Yeah, well the comments were not on our independent site.  It was on the FB SS Forum.   I need to do more posting directly here.  Does traffic seem light?  This is the item in question.  I had it verified years ago.

7BF4410C-8F39-4A19-A6C4-2C42E0F85C31.jpeg

1C79FD73-E2D0-4CF2-A71E-C65C805BEF92.jpeg

D93E4D43-FA57-437D-AE87-E1114BF11D1A.jpeg

50380A60-785F-434B-9283-FFF468963455.jpeg

9798388B-1697-4B17-92F7-D7B545DBF6B4.jpeg

• Like 1