LEST WE FORGET

Bil4338

"AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN AND IN THE MORNING....WE WILL REMEMBER THEM"

Images sole copyright of Ian R. Bridle  www.edenbridgetown.com...More war stories on here that I have written.

BRIT GRAVES BELG.jpg

LONE POPPY TO REMEMBER THEM ALL - Copy.jpg

• Upvote 1

http://www.edenbridgetown.com/World_War_one_commemoration_2014_2018/index.shtml

Please read my own written account of some of the Battles of WW1........Thank You!

Images below -

1/ HAWTHORN RIDGE CRATER - WHERE THE TREES ARE IN THE DISTANCE ON THE HILL. I AM STANDING NEAR TO THE SPOT WHERE THIS EXPLOSION WAS FIRST FILMED AS IT DETONATED ...THE ONLY CRATER ON THE WESTERN FRONT EVER FILMED.

2/ BRITISH TANK MEMORIAL - POZIERS

3/ HILL 60 GERMAN BUNKER

4/ GIANT WW1 GERMAN HOWITZER SHELL

5/ BRITISH CEMETERY ON THE SOMME

6/ VERDUN FRENCH CEMETERY - THIS IMAGES ONLY SHOWS A PART OF IT, NEARLY 3 TIMES MORE THAN THESE HERE!

ALL IMAGES SOLE COPYRIGHT OF IAN R BRIDLE....www,edenbridgetown.com

HAWTHORN RIDGE CRATER.JPG

GetAttachment (1).jpe

hill 60 german bunker (2).jpg

GIANT GERMAN WW1 HOWITZER SHELL.jpg

BRITISH CEMETERY.JPG

VERDUN OSSUARY.JPG

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

I hope you like the images I took at WW1 places of interest and sad to say cemeteries ....!

Edited by Desert Rat
cancelled
  • Upvote 1

On 11/12/2017 at 07:11, Desert Rat said:

http://www.edenbridgetown.com/World_War_one_commemoration_2014_2018/index.shtml

Please read my own written account of some of the Battles of WW1........Thank You!

Images below -

1/ HAWTHORN RIDGE CRATER - WHERE THE TREES ARE IN THE DISTANCE ON THE HILL. I AM STANDING NEAR TO THE SPOT WHERE THIS EXPLOSION WAS FIRST FILMED AS IT DETONATED ...THE ONLY CRATER ON THE WESTERN FRONT EVER FILMED.

2/ BRITISH TANK MEMORIAL - POZIERS

3/ HILL 60 GERMAN BUNKER

4/ GIANT WW1 GERMAN HOWITZER SHELL

5/ BRITISH CEMETERY ON THE SOMME

6/ VERDUN FRENCH CEMETERY - THIS IMAGES ONLY SHOWS A PART OF IT, NEARLY 3 TIMES MORE THAN THESE HERE!

ALL IMAGES SOLE COPYRIGHT OF IAN R BRIDLE....www,edenbridgetown.com

HAWTHORN RIDGE CRATER.JPG

GetAttachment (1).jpe

hill 60 german bunker (2).jpg

GIANT GERMAN WW1 HOWITZER SHELL.jpg

BRITISH CEMETERY.JPG

VERDUN OSSUARY.JPG

Very moving and impressive photos !

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Well, I liked the images I took, to remind us All of the horror especially of WW1...Sorry, that no one else seems very interested...!!!

Thanks to - Africa Korps - for looking.

"For ALL the Boys"

Desert Rat.

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Thanks 1

On 18/11/2018 at 14:14, Desert Rat said:

Well, I liked the images I took, to remind us All of the horror especially of WW1...Sorry, that no one else seems very interested...!!!

Thanks to - Africa Korps - for looking.

"For ALL the Boys"

Desert Rat.

I found it to be a great tribute @Desert Rat (Ian) well done. I enjoyed seeing the photos, I may never get to see those sites.

Cheers to you!

Tony

Afrikakorpsrat

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much Tony,

These travels took me all over France to find each and every battlefield, right up to the only concentration camp in France Strufhof- Natweiller,...well over 30, 000 were worked to death, hundreds were executed by hanging and firing squads for belonging to the French Resistance.

Four SOE agents were murdered there(all injected with a lethal dose of Phenol- a disinfectant) (Sonia Olensesky, Andree Borrell, Vera Leigh, Diane Rowden, and the last young girl (no ones know who it was) was put into the over still alive by Peter Straub..the crematorium guard....I have been their three times and every time I see the dissection table, the oven...I have to leave, sit outside and shed many tears...It is a terrible place. In the gas chamber down the road from the camp they gassed 150 Russian men & women, then sent the bodies to the Nazi Doctor in Strasbourg to measure the anatomy and bones....some were left at the camp and under Himmler's orders he commanded the Commandant - Joseph Stramer to burn everything, (he escaped)....but they were found by the American Army in fridges packed tightly and eventually buried..It was an horrendous massacre...as just across the road from the gas chamber was a hotel for the S.S. and as these 150 were being gassed...they were getting pissed, eating and having fun....!!!

http://www.edenbridgetown.com/in_the_past/soe_story/flames_in_the_field.shtml

Best to you...Ian 

58eaa16e8b562_JUNE2013212.JPG.3f1713c491cb5d87cd927b2f38d4dbdc.JPG

Gas Chamber-Chambre de Gaz.jpg

JUNE 2013 141.JPG

JUNE 2013 173.JPG

JUNE 2013 207.JPG

JUNE 2013 234.JPG

JUNE 2013 208.jpggunia pig room.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat