Inert rounds confiscated

FrancieT

I recently bought some inert 5.45 AK74 rounds and they've been confiscated by the post office, now I've got rounds and grenades before without any problem. Do they let you know if they have destroyed them or not?

cheers.

Francie.

• Like 1

Hello,

Shame about losing them, I guess parcels from overseas are x-rayed?

I think they will destroy them?

Best Wishes....Desert Rat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Do you have any warning letter etc from Royal Mail as to where your items are / or how can you find them/ or what reasons they have to confiscate them?....maybe worth checking, at least you will know the answer (were they posted from abroad?)

Good Hunting.....Best to you...Desert Rat

No warning letter, when they didn't arrive I got the tracking number, it said they were investigating whether any Post Office regulations had been broken by sending them in the post. They were posted in the UK, I live in Northern Ireland. I've had a Mills bomb, a PIAT protectile K98 and AK47 rounds in the post before, with no problems, 

• Like 1

Hello Francie,

Well it seems that they have the authority to stop these items...surely must have been x-rayed?? to see what was inside.

Very difficult sending any items like this today with all the acts of terrorism, especially still to N.I.

Hope you may still get them..but not looking good!

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

Hello Francie,

Yes, not looking too good at all.....not really sure on how you can get these items to you without any problems. I am waiting for some items from my mates in France as "presents" just simple trench art items....Maybe you need to ask the seller  - please mark it as a  - Gift - ? Or you could try other ways so that you receive them without out any problem?What about wrapping it in tinfoil...?.....or add more items in the parcel that will look all"mixed-up" and not just x1 items etc.

Let me know how it goes and I will explain when I get the items from France!

Best to you....& Good Luck (we all need it)

IanB/ Desert Rat

• 3 weeks later...

You should insist that inert items are shipped by courier to NI, Hermes start at £2.79 so won't break the bank and will go via road/ferry.

Often the sender thinks he's doing a good thing by using royal mail 1st class or even special delivery but that generally goes by air and will be scanned and siezed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Dan,

Very good advice...!

Best Wishes to you and your family for 2018

IanB

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quite right Waff.....It's a loss Francie has to accept, many of us have lost items this way, or lost and stolen in the post. ( as I have)

Best to You

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Francie,

Well I got all the items from France as hoped, no problems at all. Did you get your items from Europe or a long way off?

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

• 1 year later...

Hello Francie,

Yes I got all the items from France (Stennnn gun) cut in half and posted in x3 parcels, it was a EU deact? but now since Nov 2018 UK/ EU deact so all legal. Was great to fire it in France though...before it was massaccred by Euro and UK law.....It's in the for sale dept on here, or if you know someone interested, and open to a good offer.

Did you get your items from abroad OK......Let us know?

Best to you and Good Luck with them.

Desert Rat/ Ian

Hi Ian, I bought the inert rounds from England, I live in Northern Ireland. Although I've never has any problems in the past, I've got a Mills bomb, PIAT projectile and various rounds through the post, but when I did  contact the seller, he informed me he had wrapped the rounds in tin foil! So I think that's what red flagged them.

• Thanks 1

Yes Francie,

I think that was the problem wrapped in tin foil, exactly what the bloody x-ray will pick up!

Hope you have better luck next time, get them to send old speaker parts, metal and plastic odds and ends...it might go through?

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian