Does anyone recognise these shoulder board fittings?

Undinist

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.  Does anyone recognise these shoulder board fittings? They're on a mystery leather coat, which I think is German or Austrian, WW2 or soon after. It had Wehrmacht-style pebbled buttons when I bought it. (I swapped them for Coldstream Guards ones.) Could the metal things in the photos be shoulder board attachments? There's a pair on each shoulder, near the collar. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello to you,

Thanks for showing us this lovely coat....but have you got and close up images of the buttons and is there any makers tags/ marks on it anywhere?

Looks original....but unsure?

Thanks....Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

@Undinist whats the under side look like were the fittings are? never seen that before. Is the coat marked at all? 

• Like 1

Well from what I can see its possibly a well worn German leather greatcoat, a hard to find piece in good condition that invariably has some form of marking on the interior,,, by removing the the pebble buttons ,I,m afraid you have actually  removed authenticity and devalued the coat. Personally I would re attach the original buttons using original German thread, these were worn normally by ranking officers, SS and even Gestapo, also Submarine officers, I ,m not 100% sure but the brass studs could be attachment points for a hood, could you check under the rear collar, see if there are any more

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

Type into Google- Kreigsmarine leather coats/ jackets....there are many images to compare your with. I have had a quick look but it seems (I could be wrong) that the Navy / U- Boats had slanted pockets rather than your straight ones....If you see what I mean?

Please let use know how you get on.

Best to you....Ian/ Desert Rat 

• Upvote 1

http://ww2germanoriginal.net/kriegsmarine-german-navy-ww2-u-boot-boat-jacket-coat-early-rare-brown-original.htm

This is just one I found....But I am looking at the cuff leather bands?? with the button on....Looks to me as Kreisgsmarine...If I am wrong some one tell me....!.

I think there are quite a few variations on the design of the earlier makes and later ones?

Thanks IanB

• Upvote 1