1942 dated C.L./C. flashed to the PPCLI

Mark K

A recent addition too the collection is this 1942 dated Mk II flashed to the Princess Patrica's Canadian Light Infantry ( The VP stands for Victoria Patricia and is part of Princess Patricia's personal cypher and can be found in the centre of there cap badge )..
This particular example was produced by the Canadian Motorlamp Company ( C.L./C. ) steel lot batch number 79 it is sporting a 1942 dated VMC liner in a size 6 7/8 ..
There has always been some speculation that soldiers wearing these flashed helmets made it to the theatre of operations in Italy in 1943, And with the recent find of a semi relic helmet body in the city of Galliate Italy does lend some credence to the fact the battalion did indeed wear them overseas...

Regards Mark

P1080175.JPG

P1080183.JPG

P1080176.JPG

P1080178.JPG

P1080179.JPG

P1080180.JPG

P1080181.JPG

P1080194.JPG

P1080196.JPG

ppcli.jpg

• Like 1

Great One Mark.....Always super helmets!

Especially this one as I think they came from Canada. They were in WW1 also, I have visited their memorial ( I think somewhere near Ypres - Belgium)

Thanks again for showing us!

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

Thank you Ian this is an example I have been trying to add to my collection for a number of years and I was finally able to reluctantly pry it out of the hands of a friend and fellow collector here in Canada...

Regards Mark

• Like 1

Well Done to you Mark....Great memento of such Heroic "Boys" from Canada.

Here is an Image of Vimy Ridge - where thousands of Canadians were  killed. This Memorial clearly depicts  - A Canadian Mother weeping over her Lost Sons. This is the most Beautiful of all that I have visited.....Stunning!

Best to you Mark....Ian

(Images sole copyright of Ian R Bridle   www.edenbridgetown.com  )

IMGP4005.JPG

IMGP4012.JPG

IMGP4028.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing this a place I need to visit to give my respect to the fallen later this Spring..

Regards Mark

• Like 1

I hope you can make it to Vimy.....Very Strange when you stand on any Battlefield....All you can hear are the birds singing. But on reflection the actual bombardements that took place - for example - The Battle of the Somme -  a seven day bombardment by the British & French that took place before July 1st 1916, over 1, 500, 000 shells were fired at the German lines to break the wire and destroy all the enemy...Now as we know a complete and utter failure by the British Generals, with over 60, 000 casualties and over 20, 000 killed"...Such is the futility and waste of war!!!

Best Regards...Ian

If you have time please read my WW1 story on www.edenbridgetown.com ..Thank You!

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Thank you Ian I will take some time to read it later this evening I am going to Europe for three weeks later in the spring flying in to the UK and then off to France, Holland, Poland and Germany Vimy as well as Juno Beach and the Canadian War cemetery  in Normandy are top of my list of must see places to pay my respects

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Mark,

Lucky Man..Have a safe and enjoyable trip, send us good images when you return.

Best Wishes.Ian/ Desert Rat