Hello... is there anyone out there?

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Hello... is there anyone out there?

It's about time we kicked this forum's arse and got it busy again... who's with me? ;)

• Like 2

Great Lenny,

Brilliant job you done here, let's hope we all at MCN will support it.....YEHHHH...!!!

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
On 09/04/2018 at 16:33, Desert Rat said:

Great Lenny,

Brilliant job you done here, let's hope we all at MCN will support it.....YEHHHH...!!!

Afraid it just looks like you and i then.... :(

• Like 1

Hello Lenny,

mmmmmmm......maybe you are right?, but give it time and hope you get hundreds more.

Brilliant though, and many thanks for your time and effort in designing this. Sure that many don't realise just how difficult and time wise it really takes!

Yeh.....they say its easy press a few buttons and hey presto....Job Done!.........Yes if only it was that simple.

Good Luck with it all Lenny and again...My Thanks for your time and effort on the Great Website!

Best to you & all your family...Scotland The Brave!!!!

• Like 1

• Major General

I’m here on n off too, so that’s at least three of us...🙄😗

• Like 1

Nice one Bil,

Just the 3 of us.....mmmmmmmmmmmm.......Happy Days!

Best wishes to you & your family

Desert Rat

We are all out here Lenny.........But only x4 of us are listening to you.....!!!

Best to you...Ian Robertson Bridle....Yes....Scotland Forever...!!!

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Oiy, dont forget me, I,m on here a lot of the time, If I,m right I,m the only moderator that regularly posts!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

My apology Dave...Of course you are one of the most popular and the most regular member on here...!

Thanks for your knowledge on Militaria that helps many of us.

Best to you....Ian

• Field Marshall

So, do we just chat amongst ourselves, or??? ;)

• Like 1

Hello Lenny,

Yep......Looks like just the four of us, not sure if the other MCN members realise what this is for or understand what's going on?

Have to wait and see ...I hope it will work.

Best to you Lenny & Thanks.....IanB/ Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

To my mind I dont enjoy sites that contain massive amounts of members, I had all that on WRF  for several years and it turned into shouting matches on more than one occassion, and people just joining to cause problems, insulting each other, calling the mods and admin out if the items they posted were in any way not seen to be ok or fake,. and this is inevitable when a site gets too large and becomes un-managable . I think this site was in some ways unique , it was friendly, we had a laugh and helped many people, there were very few hiccups. But what I dont understand  is why most of the mods have abandoned this site, and yet according to the members that were listed as having joined and viewed throughout the day, where were all the admin and staff.   I and others have asked on numerous occassions to re instate the captions page. This was a way to get members talking to each other and joining in, and was a bit of light relief. Splitting time between two sites becomes difficult to stay in tune with anybody, and we are now seeing the results, members who were regular posters no longer do so because they did,nt get any feedback, but according to the amount of members that we have here, they are no longer posting yet people are still joining but again they see that there is no follow up in replying from those mods who have a specific area of expertise, I recently joined the other site to see what it was like and again there are thousands of members, which is ok if you like that type of membership on a forum but it loses the personal  banter because you dont know who the hell your talking to other than a name among thousands

• Like 2

Hello Dave,

I agree somewhat with what you say but I don't think many members on here contribute much to the MCN site....I for example have contributed many images of battlefields, Normandy etc and a whole story I wrote taking 5 odd years about my thoughts about WW1,,,I don't see anyone else doing this !!

I have written my account of WW2...about 150 pages and images I have taken but waiting for my brother to upload it on www.edenbridgetown.com  website.

So, as you Dave only a very few make any contributions to this website, which is a shame!

There must be more members out there that have had Fathers, Grandfathers, family members that fought during Two World Wars...Yes We would like to hear their stories.

Best to you Dave..Ian

• 1 month later...
  • Field Marshall
On 15/04/2018 at 22:26, Davejb said:

To my mind I dont enjoy sites that contain massive amounts of members, I had all that on WRF  for several years and it turned into shouting matches on more than one occassion, and people just joining to cause problems, insulting each other, calling the mods and admin out if the items they posted were in any way not seen to be ok or fake,. and this is inevitable when a site gets too large and becomes un-managable . I think this site was in some ways unique , it was friendly, we had a laugh and helped many people, there were very few hiccups. But what I dont understand  is why most of the mods have abandoned this site, and yet according to the members that were listed as having joined and viewed throughout the day, where were all the admin and staff.   I and others have asked on numerous occassions to re instate the captions page. This was a way to get members talking to each other and joining in, and was a bit of light relief. Splitting time between two sites becomes difficult to stay in tune with anybody, and we are now seeing the results, members who were regular posters no longer do so because they did,nt get any feedback, but according to the amount of members that we have here, they are no longer posting yet people are still joining but again they see that there is no follow up in replying from those mods who have a specific area of expertise, I recently joined the other site to see what it was like and again there are thousands of members, which is ok if you like that type of membership on a forum but it loses the personal  banter because you dont know who the hell your talking to other than a name among thousands

I totally agree, but I just don't have the energy, or truth be told the will to keep chasing and encouraging people to visit. Sad, but there you go... :(

• Like 1

Hello Lenny, Dave & All MCN Members,

I agree with Dave & Lenny regarding his message to us all, sad that few are trying and many are just here to have a look , maybe buy, but have no real interest as such. I hope this changes for those who devoted so much time, effort, energy and finances to this Brilliant site when designing it and keeping it going!

Thanks Again....Best to Everyone!

Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• 4 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

It may get busier, I’m hoping to encourage more people...

• Like 1

Hello Lenny,

I hope you and your family are well, I have put the word out and as far as I know I have got at least x4 new people to this site. It will pick up ....IF ALL the members message their friends and clients as I have done.

Best Wishes....Desert Rat/ IanB

• Field Marshall

Cheers... I renewed the licence this morning. The donations don’t cover the server costs, but I subsidise it...

• Like 1

Many Grateful Thanks Lenny...For your continued time and great effort to keep this website running, up to date, and full of very informative information.

Your work is greatly appreciated by me and I am certain many if not ALL....MCN members!

Thank you....IanB

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Field Marshall
1 minute ago, ahrtal said:

Yeah, I’m still around. Not on much of anything atm.

It's work in progress, need to update a few tings, tweak a few things then will be promoting the forum again