A2 jacket information

hawg45

Can anyone tell me about this jacket? Front patch seems to be 47th bombardment squadron. But I can not find them related to bomb boogie. Any idea on value?

20180509_193745.jpg

20180509_193840.jpg

20180509_193813.jpg

20180509_193754.jpg

Edited by hawg45
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Hawg,

Try these links in Google

Price wise maybe £200 - £300 depending on condition, zips etc

ww2 us bomber jacket -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ww2+us+bomber+jacket&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6vLO3z4DbAhUlM8AKHUjtDsgQsAQI1wI&biw=1366&bih=620

ww2 us a2 bomber jacket

Best to you ...Desert Rat

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Hello Hawg,

Have you found anything as yet, this is a great collectible jacket ....superb badge, and Thanks for showing us on MCN.

Best to you,,,,,Desert Rat/ Ian

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hi @hawg45,

you may have all ready come across this information but thought I would pass it on for your further reference. Your Jacket looks to be in pretty decent shape. I have seen them sell any where from $400 to $1200 or more here in the states. Patches and paint, bring value up, also if its named will increase value, they are highly collectable. I will keep searching for more info. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/47th_Bombardment_Squadron

• Thanks 1

WOW.....Tony, 

My stupid price was way out...shows you what I (DON'T KNOW)

Must swat up a bit on all these Military items.....!!!

Take Care...Ian

Just now, Desert Rat said:

WOW.....Tony, 

My stupid price was way out...shows you what I (DON'T KNOW)

Must swat up a bit on all these Military items.....!!!

Take Care...Ian

No @Desert Rat you were close, its just that the price can very greatly, besides 400 pounds is like $800 US I think

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

No @Desert Rat you were close, its just that the price can very greatly, besides 400 pounds is like $800 US I think

Just checked, 400 pounds= $500 US

• Thanks 1

On 11/05/2018 at 08:15, hawg45 said:

Can anyone tell me about this jacket? Front patch seems to be 47th bombardment squadron. But I can not find them related to bomb boogie. Any idea on value?

20180509_193745.jpg

20180509_193840.jpg

20180509_193813.jpg

20180509_193754.jpg

The Painting on the back was probably a personal touch from the Owner. Its a really nice Jacket you have there!

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Hello Hawg (Do you have a Harley-D?)

Thanks for the images and for showing the WW2 flight jacket, sorry I can't find anything to do with "Bomb Boogie" but as Tony mentioned that probably most U.S. Aircrew painted their own design on the back.....as the images show.

When I was 16 and bought a scooter, a Lambretta TV 175, and was a definite "MOD" with the two tone suit, Ben Sherman shirt, kipper tie, I had a parka and hand painted on the back about 12+ WW2 USAAF patches on the back....Didn't impress the "Greasers/ Rockers at Brighton Beach,in the mid 60's when we used to fight with them...!!! I had plenty of mirrors and a super paint job, and loads of lovely girls!!!

Great Jacket, Brilliant artwork (Keep it, you may not find another like this).......Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

images (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

images (3).jpg

images (4).jpg

images (5).jpg

images.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• 3 weeks later...

, I might be wrong about it but I think the front rooster badge might have been added much much later, go full enlargement, and look at the three different types of stitching, the bottom has edge stitching, then look at the right, its zigzag, then moving up it has line stitches, surely if this was done period, it would have been done on a machine with one type of regular stitch, also with the amount of leather that has creased on the front, there would be some on the badge, and its exceptionally clean  compared to the painted on motive on the rear and this might also be why there is no relation to Bomb Boogie and the  front, that you can find