WW2 Type 90 Japanese helmet

Afrikakorpsrat64

Another trade from a friend. Rather interesting WW2 Japanese type 90 helmet, painted star, still has the liner. 

20180603_144045.jpg

20180603_144101.jpg

• Like 1

WOW......Thats a very nice piece Tony...Lucky man to get this!

Brilliant and thanks for showing us at MCN......IanB

• Upvote 1

Over here they cost way too much, You seem to get them pretty easier over the pond, I take it because thousands of them were brought back by marines

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for that info Dave,,,Must buy from the US if the postage is reasonable?

Best to you....IanB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Davejb said:

Over here they cost way too much, You seem to get them pretty easier over the pond, I take it because thousands of them were brought back by marines

I think thats it @Davejb! I know I had cousins and uncles that brought them back, all Marines, I use to have a Dagger that my cousin Phil brought back from Tarawa, but stupid kid I was i traded it! :( wish I could get it back.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Best to you....IanB

56 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Best to you....IanB

@Desert Rat let me know if you ever see something you want but postage is too high, some dealers knock up the cost, I would be happy to be a go between, and get it to you for actual cost.

• Like 1

Arrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh.....My Dad sent back from Germany an original  - Mein Khamph (cannt bloody spell it now) - and with all original photos in it, not copies and as I wanted to save up to buy a moped at 15 years old, I sold it when I was 13 for 10/-...equal to today money 25p?..........I never told my Dad as he always wondered where it went to. I feel so guilty that he went all through the Western Desert with different commanders and ended up with Monty....then up through Sicily, across to Salerno, then back to land on Sword Beach of the afternoon of 6th June 1944.....What a little bar-steward I was...so sorry Dad..Miss You Still...!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Arrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh.....My Dad sent back from Germany an original  - Mein Khamph (cannt bloody spell it now) - and with all original photos in it, not copies and as I wanted to save up to buy a moped at 15 years old, I sold it when I was 13 for 10/-...equal to today money 25p?..........I never told my Dad as he always wondered where it went to. I feel so guilty that he went all through the Western Desert with different commanders and ended up with Monty....then up through Sicily, across to Salerno, then back to land on Sword Beach of the afternoon of 6th June 1944.....What a little bar-steward I was...so sorry Dad..Miss You Still...!

I did the same thing Ian, we were stupid youngsters and we are not alone, missing my dad too, been gone since Sept 26th 2013, US Marine in Korea and a boxer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

I did the same thing Ian, we were stupid youngsters and we are not alone, missing my dad too, been gone since Sept 26th 2013, US Marine in Korea and a boxer. 

@Desert Rat what out fit was your dad in in N.Africa?

• Like 1

Hello Tony,

Well as far as I know in the 7th armoured Div of the 8th Army....He never spoke about it much and when he did especially the heat the misery, his mates being killed and the horror when he had to get into any British tank and saw the mangled bodies that were just like mincemeat as the 88mm shell penetrated the outer armour of the tank but did not have the velocity to go straight through....then spun around inside the tank and no chance for any tank crew...then he cried!

Best to you...IanB

• Upvote 1