WWII German Red Cross Cap

CatLacey

Hi guys, still new to verifying genuine/fake items so just wondering if someone can help me with this newest item in my collection. Looking underneath the cap I'm pretty sure it's genuine, but could be wrong as it's suspiciously clean. Also, if it is genuine, I think its late war/early post war (I read about the buttons on the band being an older style as compared to the ones going up to the 80's) so if anyone can advise me on that I would be grateful. 

Thanks in advance guys!

Cat

20180616_155311.jpg

20180616_155314.jpg

20180616_155319.jpg

Edited by CatLacey
Grammar..
  • Like 1

Hello,

Thanks for showing this item on MCN....I really don't know much about this at all just that the condition seems to me to be a replica, but I am no expert at all.....Hope someone on MCN can assist you?

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I,m not that up on Red Cross caps and hats, but the condition is extremely good, almost unworn, the ribbing of the cloth reminds me of the later cloth manufactured in the late 70s to 80s, , I would assume its either Bundeswere or Bundesheer, but someone else needs to have a look at this, to confirm dates

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Hello Cat,

Well, as Dave jb gave you a good answer, He is the one who's very knowledgeable regarding Militaria!

Thanks for the Images and to Davejb

Best t you both...Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• 1 month later...

@Davejb, CatLacey,

Bundeswehr is Federal (West) German Army.

Bundesheer is Federal Austrian Army.

But the label explicitely! states "DRK" (Deutsches Rotes Kreuz = German Red Cross). So this is not military at all, but civilian german red cross. If it were military, the label would have other details and would look different, just as make, color and ensignia would also be different.
Further down, it also reads as being issued in/ for/ through the DRK supply center in Hannover Misburg (Misburg is a subdivision/ district within the city of Hannover). The "56" is the (head) size in centimeters. This would be the same as in a military version.

I would agree with your time frame, although i cannot narrow it down further or specify it more.
To summarize, this appears to be a standard issue field cap for the German Red Cross, likely to be dated from the 1970s, 1980s. The materials used and the weave do not look like how they would have been used or made in ww2 or early post war times.

Regards

Christian M. Aguilar

Edited by ChrisMAg2